1. Important Announcement - Upcoming Downtime - Software Upgrade

Please see here for more details.
Hello there, why not take a few seconds to register on our forums and become part of the community? Just click here.

Brachypelma albopilosum (Nicaraguan Curly Hair) Feeding Question

Discussion in 'Tarantula Questions & Discussions' started by sheetssha, Apr 23, 2018.

1. Advertisement
    Hi all,
    Quick question, and I'm sure it's nothing to worry about. I have a juvenile B. albopilosum that hasn't eating in about a month. I also notice a small bald spot on its rear. My assumption is that it is preparing for its adult molt, but I thought I would run it by the experts to be safe. Note: This species is not handled much at all. Maybe x2 a month (if that).

2. AnimalNewbie

AnimalNewbie Arachnobaron

Having a bald spot is no indication of a molt they just flick hairs every now and again. How large is the individual?

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. The Grym Reaper

The Grym Reaper Arachnoreaper Arachnosupporter

Could be getting ready to moult, could just not be hungry, leave it alone other than to top up water/moisten the substrate.

4. I appreciate it guys. I'll send a pic later this evening. This thread is a random thought I had while at my work desk, lol

5. RonnyT

RonnyT Arachnosquire

Also I would recommend not handling at all, it stresses out the tarantula and puts its life in danger.

6. Mvtt70

Mvtt70 Arachnobaron Active Member

Handling it basically every other week is probably not the best idea first of all... Nothing you can do except leave it alone and try to feed once a week to see if it'll eat.

7. Greasylake

Greasylake Arachnoprince

Handing would have no bearing on the length of the molt cycle. Unless of course you managed to stress it out so badly that it triggered a molt early, but that would be pretty hard.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.