Brachypelma albopilosum (Nicaraguan Curly Hair) Feeding Question

sheetssha

Arachnopeon
Hi all,
Quick question, and I'm sure it's nothing to worry about. I have a juvenile B. albopilosum that hasn't eating in about a month. I also notice a small bald spot on its rear. My assumption is that it is preparing for its adult molt, but I thought I would run it by the experts to be safe. Note: This species is not handled much at all. Maybe x2 a month (if that).

AnimalNewbie

Arachnobaron
Having a bald spot is no indication of a molt they just flick hairs every now and again. How large is the individual?

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
Could be getting ready to moult, could just not be hungry, leave it alone other than to top up water/moisten the substrate.

sheetssha

Arachnopeon
I appreciate it guys. I'll send a pic later this evening. This thread is a random thought I had while at my work desk, lol

RonnyT

Arachnosquire
Hi all,
Quick question, and I'm sure it's nothing to worry about. I have a juvenile B. albopilosum that hasn't eating in about a month. I also notice a small bald spot on its rear. My assumption is that it is preparing for its adult molt, but I thought I would run it by the experts to be safe. Note: This species is not handled much at all. Maybe x2 a month (if that).
Also I would recommend not handling at all, it stresses out the tarantula and puts its life in danger.

NukaMedia Exotics

#1 Tarantula Vendor in the USA! Ships Nationwide.
Handling it basically every other week is probably not the best idea first of all... Nothing you can do except leave it alone and try to feed once a week to see if it'll eat.

Greasylake

Arachnoprince
Handing would have no bearing on the length of the molt cycle. Unless of course you managed to stress it out so badly that it triggered a molt early, but that would be pretty hard.