Brachypelma albopilosum "Nicaragua" Mated & Ready To Drop Them Eggs

Exoskeleton Invertebrates

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
But what about all your other females?
I have a couple of others that were bred last year and that are looking a little bit gravid, still feeding them though cause I'm not quite satisfied of their weight gain. This girls that was my last one that I paired in January after mating she gained a lot of weight. So she's my number one to focus on for now.

Using the type of enclosure that I like my tarantulas to produce a sac in it usually takes anywhere from a day to three days for the female to produce a sac. So depending on what day I place her in shortly after I should see something good happening.

Moakmeister

Arachnodemon
Here's to hoping that we can have more of the true B. albopilosum specimens in the hobby. Ones with actual "albopilosums" (white hairs).

Blue Jaye

Arachnobaron
I paired my Nicaraguan curly 2/7/17. By 2/15/17 she was super fat and looking very gravid. 2/26/17 I added fresh moist sub to her enclosure and a larger hid. 3/1/17 she started digging. 3/7/17 she dropped a sac. Woot woot that was fast. Today sac looks great!!!

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I paired my Nicaraguan curly 2/7/17. By 2/15/17 she was super fat and looking very gravid. 2/26/17 I added fresh moist sub to her enclosure and a larger hid. 3/1/17 she started digging. 3/7/17 she dropped a sac. Woot woot that was fast. Today sac looks great!!!
Awesome!

Leila

Arachnobaron
So exciting!!! :) Jose, are you going to pull her sac? I decided to pull my B. albo "Nicaragua" sac simply because I am so nervous to wrangle a bunch of tiny babies out of her enclosure. I have a huge task on my hands soon. :anxious::embarrassed:
Oh, I cannot wait for both my and your sacs to come to fruition! :kiss:

Haksilence

Bad At Titles
Arachnosupporter
IMG_20170304_093126_745.jpg
Here's how big my girl was about a week out from dropping the sac, but she was that size for almost a month. My guess is we can't guess :p

After I bumped the humidity for a week and slightly raised the temperatures she did drop it though.

The market is going to be absolutely flooded. Not only those who got sacs already but I sent my MM to @Thistles as well.
There's going to be thousands hitting circulation all at once.

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
View attachment 234117
Here's how big my girl was about a week out from dropping the sac, but she was that size for almost a month. My guess is we can't guess :p

After I bumped the humidity for a week and slightly raised the temperatures she did drop it though.

The market is going to be absolutely flooded. Not only those who got sacs already but I sent my MM to @Thistles as well.
There's going to be thousands hitting circulation all at once.
That if the eggs are good.

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
So exciting!!! :) Jose, are you going to pull her sac? I decided to pull my B. albo "Nicaragua" sac simply because I am so nervous to wrangle a bunch of tiny babies out of her enclosure. I have a huge task on my hands soon. :anxious::embarrassed:
Oh, I cannot wait for both my and your sacs to come to fruition! :kiss:
First thing first I need to see a sac, once if there is a sac I will pull it around 35 days.

My suggestion to you was since it was your first time of one of your tarantula producing a sac is you should leave it with mom. Having that experience is exciting.

Moakmeister

Arachnodemon
First thing first I need to see a sac, once if there is a sac I will pull it around 35 days.

My suggestion to you was since it was your first time of one of your tarantula producing a sac is you should leave it with mom. Having that experience is exciting.
Can I buy two spiderlings from you this summer? I want a true B. albopilosum :)

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Photo #1
IMG_5047.JPG
Photo #2
IMG_5041.JPG
Photo #3
IMG_5046.JPG Update: The female that I transfer to her new temporary enclosure was not ready to drop a sac for me. So I decided to put her back into her regular home where she was still eating. I think now though that she is ready to do something for me, due to the fact that she digged to the bottom of her enclosure seeking for moisture. So today I will re-place her back into a moisture environment before she does what my other female did yesterday. Photo #1 is of the female that I originally expected to drop a sac for me.

Brachypelma albopilosum "Nicaragua" Egg Sac:
Mated: November 18, 2016

So yesterday after coming home from work I noticed that my albopilosum was already in the works of making an egg sac. Unfortunately not the place or condition that I wanted her to produce a sac. The environment was completely dry and also is her regular home where she it's, which I'm never comfortable of any of my spiders to produce a sac in. Don't ask why just know I have my reasons.
Regardless I removed her into the proper environment and let her due what she needed to do. Today just a few minutes ago she finished and hanging on to the sac. Photo #2 & 3 is of the same female that produced a sac yesterday.

Moakmeister

Arachnodemon
Photo #1
View attachment 236621
Photo #2
View attachment 236622
Photo #3
View attachment 236624 Update: The female that I transfer to her new temporary enclosure was not ready to drop a sac for me. So I decided to put her back into her regular home where she was still eating. I think now though that she is ready to do something for me, due to the fact that she digged to the bottom of her enclosure seeking for moisture. So today I will re-place her back into a moisture environment before she does what my other female did yesterday. Photo #1 is of the female that I originally expected to drop a sac for me.

Brachypelma albopilosum "Nicaragua" Egg Sac:
Mated: November 18, 2016

So yesterday after coming home from work I noticed that my albopilosum was already in the works of making an egg sac. Unfortunately not the place or condition that I wanted her to produce a sac. The environment was completely dry and also is her regular home where she it's, which I'm never comfortable of any of my spiders to produce a sac in. Don't ask why just know I have my reasons.
Regardless I removed her into the proper environment and let her due what she needed to do. Today just a few minutes ago she finished and hanging on to the sac. Photo #2 & 3 is of the same female that produced a sac yesterday.
oh, those ROCKS sticking to the sac :anxious: i'm sure it's not a problem, but it's just annoying me. it's like when you get grass stuck to your legs at the water park.