Brachypelma albopilosum "Nicaragua" Captive Born 2016

Exoskeleton Invertebrates

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Brachypelma albopilosum Nicaragua - Sling.JPG DSC_0940.JPG DSC_0942.JPG Brachypelma albopilosum "Nicaragua ", this female is my only captive born and raised since 2016. She's roughly at 3" inches and at this size is when I finally noticed a difference of her curly satea/hairs is visually seen a lot more compare from her last molt she had. I find this species a fast grower not moderate or slow.

She was last years hatchlings so she's a little bit over a year old. I'm posting a few photos of her from when she was at 2nd instar and what she looks like today after this early morning fresh molt.

Last edited:

keks

Arachnobaron
They are absolut I-wanna-have-fluffs. Could you eventually emigrate to Europe :kiss: ? Austria is really beautiful ^^.

Moakmeister

Arachnodemon
3 inches at a year old? My G. pulchripes hit 3 inches at 18 months. That's remarkable.

mconnachan

Arachnoprince
You can't beat a true, pure bred tarantula, especially the B. albopilosum, (Nicaraguan form) hope mine are as stunning as yours has turned out to be. That's a really fast growth rate, I'm still going to do the experiment with the smaller enclosure @Exoskeleton Invertebrates.

CyclingSam

Arachnoknight
I don't know what form mine is, but I have had it for about 1 year now and it is sitting at a whole .75" What in the world are you feeding yours?

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
When she was a baby I fed her only pinhead crickets a couple of times during the week and as much as she wanted too. as she got larger she ate larger crickets, so what I do with most larger crickets I tear off all the legs and place it in the enclosure. So most of the time the crickets are twice the size of her. I fed her like that once a week. She fatten up fairly quick and her molt cycle came a lot sooner than expected.
I feed all my tarantulas this way. Since she's at 3" inches I will try either a pinky mouse or earthworms, besides crickets. I don't do cockroaches, never been a fan of cockroaches but have fed some of spiders roaches in the past.

Last edited:

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Brachypelma albopilosum Nicaragua - Sling.JPG Brachypelma albopilosum Nicaragua - Sling (2).JPG Brachypelma albopilosum Nicaragua - Sling (3).JPG Brachypelma albopilosum Nicaragua - Sling (4).JPG Brachypelma albopilosum Nicaragua - Sling (5).JPG IMG_5520.JPG DSC_0942.JPG As the months went by from 2nd instar to present I was taking photos two weeks after she had molted, I know for sure I did not take a photo of her when she had molted last, with the exception of a photo when she was about to molt a few days ago. I might of missed a time when she had molted during the winter months, but not sure if I did or not. I know it wouldn't of been more than two times that I didn't get the chance to take additional photos of her.
So for now I will post these photos of her molt cycles from 2nd instar to present.

Last edited:

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
I was searching for an importer the last one and a half week, but I failed. Google and me are not always best friends ^^. I don't give up :cool: .
Importing yourself is easy when you are in Europe. Depending on which country you need a CITES paper, but not much else. Don't know about US regulations on exporting, but I don't think those rules are as strict as when you import in the US.
@Exoskeleton Invertebrates , look at all that fluff! Amazing growth rate too! I'll be curious to know if she'll keep that up or 'pauses' at 4inches like other Brachypelma :)

keks

Arachnobaron
Importing yourself is easy when you are in Europe. Depending on which country you need a CITES paper, but not much else. Don't know about US regulations on exporting, but I don't think those rules are as strict as when you import in the US.
@Exoskeleton Invertebrates , look at all that fluff! Amazing growth rate too! I'll be curious to know if she'll keep that up or 'pauses' at 4inches like other Brachypelma :)
Custom office could help. Maybe :).

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
8F032042-B03B-4ADD-9E20-0B62D6BB76C6.jpeg 6BE02FD8-DDAF-45DA-B729-2F01C0BAFDEE.jpeg 3F25C773-A82C-41A1-9368-35ADCC438575.jpeg 787BD9D4-BCAD-4CF7-ABB1-B3333E2E78F1.jpeg An update of my captive born female. As some of you know she was born in 2016. She molted two weeks ago and this is her now with her new set of clothes.

Last edited: