Species Brachypelma albiceps

mattg70

Arachnosquire
Took a few shots of my Brachypelma albiceps...Crossing my fingers its a female...:)
spiders 001.jpg
spiders 002.jpg
spiders 003.jpg

Taboo Exotics

Arachnopeon
Brachypelma Albiceps IMO is one of the most gorgeous T's I own. I would love to see some members Albiceps and setups. Here's my girl! 20180401_153832.jpg

starnaito

Arachnosquire
This girl hasn't been with me more than a week, but I'm in love with those colors already:

IMG_20180401_074613.jpg

Mychajlo

Arachnosquire
Dear diary,
I gaze out of my bedroom window solemnly thinking to myself when the glorious day will come that I may obtain the exquisitly refined species known as Brachypelma Albiceps, her colors allure me and my desires yearn for her presence, with the blackened legs that of the burnt exterior of a charred log, the white of her carapace like that of the cream in my tea, and that magnificent rear, the color of the blood coursing through my heart. I look onto the day I meet her with fondness, but until that day, I shall wait, yours truly,
-Mychajlo

starnaito

Arachnosquire
What are the temperaments like of these guys?
It depends. I've heard people say they're hair-kickers. But so far, mine has been extremely calm and laid-back. She didn't even seem stressed while I unpacked her and moved her to her new home, to the point where I would've been comfortable handling her if I had to. Doesn't use her hide, doesn't flee when I open the enclosure. She has redecorated a bit, but she generally hangs out in one spot all day. I'd say they are beautiful pet rocks. :)

PanzoN88

Arachnodemon
Yeah I am definitely emptying my wallet on a few of these (as well as a B. klaasi, E. murinus and a few pamphs) before the end of the year.

cold blood

Staff member
What are the temperaments like of these guys?
A lot like vagans. They can be skittish, but like most, that isn't as bas as the t reaches adulthood....some can be flicky, certainly not all are...mine never flicks.

Vanessa

Grammostola Groupie
Very underrated species. My girl is about 4" and still very skittish. I have never seen any defensive behaviour from her. She has a good appetite and is always out in the open.
DSC02332-2.jpg
DSC07999-2.jpg

boina

Lady of the mites
IMG_6067a.jpg

I've got 3 juveniles, 1 male, 1 female, and 1 weirdo (also female). Pic shows the juvi male.

I bought the weirdo as B. albiceps - and then she molted and turned completely brown. I was absolutely sure that she couldn't be B. albiceps and so disappointed that I bought another female. Then she molted again and now she looks like a B. albiceps again. Unfortunately I didn't take any pics of the brown phase, due to being disappointed with her looks. She's also a very picky eater and rather skinny in contrast to the other two and I'm not sure why.

My 'real' albis are both the proverbial pet rocks, on par with my Emilia. Miss Weirdo is more skittish.

FrDoc

Gen. 1:24-25
Arachnosupporter +
24467C65-509A-42C8-BDD9-3DBC8E34C375.jpeg I guess you gotta start somewhere, sorta ugly ducklingesque.

B. Albiceps sling

Olan

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
View attachment 271620

I've got 3 juveniles, 1 male, 1 female, and 1 weirdo (also female). Pic shows the juvi male.

I bought the weirdo as B. albiceps - and then she molted and turned completely brown. I was absolutely sure that she couldn't be B. albiceps and so disappointed that I bought another female. Then she molted again and now she looks like a B. albiceps again. Unfortunately I didn't take any pics of the brown phase, due to being disappointed with her looks. She's also a very picky eater and rather skinny in contrast to the other two and I'm not sure why.

My 'real' albis are both the proverbial pet rocks, on par with my Emilia. Miss Weirdo is more skittish.
My female, pictured above, just molted and came out gray instead of black.
679E313C-2C3C-48B8-8792-F2CE3D3DB65E.jpeg
I’m sure she’ll go back to black next molt, but that’s really interesting that yours did something similar.

BladeGypsy

Arachnoknight
Just picked up this sexed female today an the local "Reptilian Nation" expo, couple of pics I took. I'm in love with her!

BladeGypsy

Arachnoknight
DSC02682.JPG Here she is again "Mandy" - as in Grimm Adventures or Billy and Mandy - freshly molted and ready to eat. Here she is in all her glory eating a just molted xl hisser roach. I believe this was her first ever hisser, she didn't know what to think of it at first.