brachypelma abopilosum life span

mobster

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
ive seen on care sheets that the life span for female brachypelma abopilosum is 3-10 years, and for males are shorter. how short is the lifespan of males as per your experience?

AudreyElizabeth

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Brachy's are noted for long life spans; I've had a mature female (WC) for about 8 years now, and have a mature male that is 1 year past his maturing molt. He still eats on occasion.

Anubis77

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
3-10 years for a female? I have a 2 inch, 4 year old unsexed B. albopilosum. 15-30 years is a bit more realistic to me, unless you're putting TGH in their crickets.

BorisTheSpider

No this is Patrick
Old Timer
It's funny how long they take to mature and how long they can live . Everyone that I've ever owned ( especially the one I have now ) have all been very active and fantastic eaters . You would think that they would grow like weeds and not redwoods .

mobster

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
someone told me that a lifespan of male B albo is about year from the date of his maturity.
is this true?

Chris_Skeleton

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Well lifespan would be the whole life from sling to death and not just maturity to death.

spiderworld

Arachnosquire
someone told me that a lifespan of male B albo is about year from the date of his maturity.
is this true?
It all depends on how the t's are kept! as far as temp & humidaty goes!
But avarage life on B Albo female 15 years! males normally mature at about 2 years then live about 10 months there after!

Sweet! hope that helps!

spiderworld

Arachnosquire
ive seen on care sheets that the life span for female brachypelma abopilosum is 3-10 years, and for males are shorter. how short is the lifespan of males as per your experience?
This might have been refuring to B albo ib genaral! males<---3-10---> female

Mack&Cass

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Our male matured in two years and he died when he was 9 months and 2 days postultimate.

Cass

sharpfang

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Curly Q's:

Everyone that I've ever owned ( especially the one I have now ) have all been very active and fantastic eaters . You would think that they would grow like weeds and not redwoods .
Straight A's:

Well, they do Not grow quite as fast as Weeds *chuckle* but are widely agreed upon to be the quickest Brachy to maturity, along w/ Vagens....

I just acquired some healthy slings from ''Snakefox'' *smile* and will track their growth....like Redwood rings *wink*.

- Jason [this blurt is via nintendo DSi]

Hentzi

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Got a Angustum here I've had as a sling and that is growing like a weed