Brachycibe and other andrognathid food fungus

Ponerinecat

Arachnobaron
A bunch of food fungus sprouted out recently. It's quite odd looking, lumpy and rubbery instead of the fuzzy mats I'm used to. The millipedes seem to enjoy it though. I'll see if it can spread to other pieces of wood or if the pedes will eat it all.

CSC_0776.JPG
CSC_0795.JPG

On a somewhat unrelated note, I noticed the two species of millipedes seem to have differently built juveniles. One type looks like a miniature of the adult while the other has widely spaced paranota and an enlarged telson. The difference could be attributed to some other cause but I can't think of any that would cause such a drastic change in body shape.

CSC_0797.JPG

Hisserdude

Arachnoking
Bottom layer of fungus melted from mold and bacterial film, lost a few millis as well. Cleaned it out and reintroduced the surviving fungus and millipedes, as well as some Sinella curviseta to control bacterial films. Feel like the hardest part about this fungus is keeping the competition at bay. :confused:
If you're trying to grow mold, I wouldn't throw Sinella in there, they'll often eat mold before it has the chance to fully bloom and thus will outcompete the Brachycybe for food.
Have you tried oyster mushroom mycelium? It's apparently one of the easiest mushrooms to culture, and the mycelium seems to work well for a wide variety of fungivores.

Ponerinecat

Arachnobaron
If you're trying to grow mold, I wouldn't throw Sinella in there, they'll often eat mold before it has the chance to fully bloom and thus will outcompete the Brachycybe for food.
Have you tried oyster mushroom mycelium? It's apparently one of the easiest mushrooms to culture, and the mycelium seems to work well for a wide variety of fungivores.
Yeah, I took out the springtails. I've tried oyster mushrooms themselves but never the mycelium, will have to look into that.