Brachy sabulosum Eggsac Question

Varden

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Hi all,

I have been scouring the net and arachnoboards and can find very little about this species. It's the three week mark since my female laid her sac and I am now wondering when should I pull it and what time frame am I looking at for when slings develop. I've only had 1 other Brachy successfully produce slings and it was an albopilosum. 1st instar at 36 days and 2nd instar at 75. Would this be similiar for all Brachys? Thanks!

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Its close to the same time line for all brachys, smithis seem to take a bit longer showing eggs with legs around the 33-38 day mark........

3 weeks huh, odds are good you have something viable right now, most brachys eat their sacs if its not viable by now..... I would wait another week and a half before pulling....... if you have experience with manual incubation (which I think you do) then you can pull now.
Can you snap some pictures? Those guys are on my needs list. Plus its always great to see a female with her sac.

Varden

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Unfortunately I can't snap a picture. She's baracaded herself in the bottom of her hide with mounds of dirt all around her. I have a quarter-sized hole against the side of the enclosure, which I've covered with a post-it to keep her from being disturbed when I have to work in the spider room. I check her once every ten days or so, but all I see is a sliver of white now and again.

Brian S

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Do you know Marie Metcalf from the UK? She is usually on the tarantula store site. She is one of the best persons I know for Brachy advice. I bet she could help you out. She also has a Brachy web site but I cant remember what its called.

EDIT: I found it. http://Brachypelma.co.uk
For those into Brachys, this is a pretty decent little page ;)