Boy was I suprised!!!!!!

Mina

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Last night just before going to bed, I did a visual check on my T's, everyone was fine. The last one I checked was my P. regalis, and I nearly dropped its tank in shock. It had moulted sometime during the day and I missed the entire thing. My regalis, however, is now 1 1/2 inches, possibly 2 inches, bigger than it was!!!!!!!
I know they grow quickly but, WOW!!!!!!
Am I feeding to much or is that normal? It was right around 3 inches before the moult.

lunixweb

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Well, it's normal that your T has molted & the pokies grow up very fast indeed, congrats for that.. but only one question, did you say that it grew up to 2" but in your last line you said "It was right around 3 inches before the moult." it's impossible that it had had 3" before??? :? maybe after or not???

Last edited:

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Sounds normal to me. My pokies are growing like weeds! Congrats on the molt!

beetleman

Arachnoking
Old Timer
yeah my ornata baby is shooting up like crazy,they do grow pretty fast,congrats on yours molting:clap:

JMoran1097

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
i need to get a pokie already! what's a good one to start with or is kinda evenly spread? what do you guys recommend?

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Regalis, is a good one to start with that was my first one. There is a long thread about this somewhere, I am sure someone will beat me to finding it though, im a bit slow with the search function.

I found it. That was easy.....

http://www.arachnoboards.com/ab/showthread.php?t=93095&highlight=best+pokie

Everyone lobbies which one is better and best and greatest. Lol they are all good I think. Regalis is a bit calmer in general, less likely to be so darn fast. But once to get the idea of how they are and respect that you can own any pokie you want all the same rules apply.

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Last night just before going to bed, I did a visual check on my T's, everyone was fine. The last one I checked was my P. regalis, and I nearly dropped its tank in shock. It had moulted sometime during the day and I missed the entire thing. My regalis, however, is now 1 1/2 inches, possibly 2 inches, bigger than it was!!!!!!!
I know they grow quickly but, WOW!!!!!!
Am I feeding to much or is that normal? It was right around 3 inches before the moult.
they do get a bit leggy after moults...:clap:

i need to get a pokie already! what's a good one to start with or is kinda evenly spread? what do you guys recommend?
p. regalis

peterspiderling

Arachnosquire
Old Timer

JMoran1097

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
i was thinking the Regalis myself actually. I get paid Thursday and will snag one ASAP with pics for all of you!

Mina

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Jmoran, I agree, for a first pokie a regalis is a good one, my regalis was my first, followed very quickly by my ornata. I saw a picture of an ornata and just couldn't believe how beautiful it was, so I had to get one. Then I got my metallica about a month ago. I love all three of my pokies. Both the ornata and the regalis were really small when I got them, needless to say neither are now. My metallica is about 3 inches and hasn't moulted for me yet.