Bought solfugids at the EBV!

arachnoid

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Went to the East Bay Vivarium yesterday to check out the pedes and next thing you know there were 4 solpugids on display!! Not to mention 3 different species! G. granti, R. phalangium? (it's black), and Z. lawrenci? (it's yellowish and fuzzy)
Anyways my buddy bought a monster 5" L.S. granti. It has pretty good vision as it will lunge at your hand if you wave at it from outside the tank! It also has a huge appetite (it ate 5 crickets when he took it home!)
I bought a small 1.5" lawrenci. It's extremely fuzzy with an awesome yellow color to it. No where near as aggro as the granti though. Hope it lives long enough!

Elizabeth

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Hey, we were there about a week ago! I only saw two solifugids on display then...The smallest one, with very fuzzy legs, was intriguing. Still, all we got this time was supplies and books. That is a great place to go to, except I get lost on the darn freeway switches! (We ended up seeing Treasure Island this last time.)

Alex S.

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Congrats on the new solifugid, Arachnoid! Zeria lawrenci (family: Solpugidae) is an awesome, unique species of solifugid from southern Africa that is very rarely offered in the arthropod trade. I also visited the East Bay Vivarium, about a year ago, pretty cool store.

Alex S.