Bought aquarium, what to use as lid?

Freyjios

Arachnopeon
It does have a glass panel as lid but it needs ventilation. I am not sure having someone to drill some holes are an option. Is there any inexpensive, easy way to make a lid? Doesn't have to be fancy at all. I even thought about natural linen fabric šŸ¤£
Help a noob out please and yes I've Googled and seemed all like either expensive or difficult solutions...

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
Acrylic lid and drill holes for ventilation. You can get at home improvement stores

Freyjios

Arachnopeon
Thanks man. Right now I might just give it away and buy some cheap kritter boxes instead. Seems I did I mistake to get the aquarium šŸ˜ž

pongdict

Arachnosquire
how big is it? do you care if it looks good? just looking around the house I can see several stuff that I think I can repurpose as an aquarium lid, like this clear plastic clipboard I have.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Acrylic or drill holes. Glass can be done- carefully- quite a few peeps do it here and in fish forums

Dorifto

He who moists xD
I'd go for a perforated acrylic sheet and some hinges, with two magnetic locks to secure it. Simple and cheap.

Which is going to be the inhabitant?

Hardus nameous

Yes, but only on Tuesdays!
Arachnosupporter +
If you have a drill you can just drill holes in a sheet of anything and use it as a lid. On my aquariums I have sheets of HDPE that I drilled a bunch of holes in; then over those I use the expanded metal covers (mostly sold over here for lizzards) and locking clips. Some people just use a sheet of acrylic cut to fit snug enough in the aquarium that they don't need the locking clips.