Bought a nice mean gtp.

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
We finally had good shipping weather so this girl finally came to me! She is full of piss and vinegar and tries to bite anything that moves but she is still awesome!

BQC123

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Very nice looking snake! Awesome coloration.
Of course you don't want anything that nasty. Feel free to box it up and send it to me. I'll pay shipping.:D

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
The price was to good to pass up so I had to get her! Although the overpriced one at the pet store near me is very nice, maybe the extra money would have been worth it to have a nice one lol.

Mack&Cass

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Wow Ryan, she's stunning. I see you've been bitten by the snake bug. It's hard to stop, haha.

Cass

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Ya I have 9 now, but this is my first gtp, the rest are all bps. They are entertaining for sure! And you can bet a $1 that this gravid p. metallica is just going to fund more snake purchases. ;)

Mack&Cass

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Ya I have 9 now, but this is my first gtp, the rest are all bps. They are entertaining for sure! And you can bet a $1 that this gravid p. metallica is just going to fund more snake purchases. ;)
9? I thought you had 3?! {D

We said we'd stop at 15 but we have an adult pueblan milksnake coming next week...this is it though for a while...:rolleyes:

Good luck with your gravid P. metallica!

Cass

Jmugleston

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
It doesn't ever stop. Most our spider sales go to fund more reptile projects. We have 7 new carpet pythons coming this week and 2 new retics arriving next week. Good choice on the GTP. They're quite nippy at first, but if you're patient (and have a good pair of gloves at first) they can calm down. Who did you get this one from?

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I got her from a guy named Nick Hanna. I am determined to calm her down some but I think she has other plans. {D

Jmugleston

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I got her from a guy named Nick Hanna. I am determined to calm her down some but I think she has other plans. {D
My scrubs and Bredl's are the same way. Of the 8 recent arrivals, one has calmed down, four are handleable-ish if you're careful, and 3 act as though they need to fight for survival! Nothing a bit of time, blood, sweat, and tears (literally) can't fix. Good luck with that one. Do you know which "locality" it is? The blue makes me initially think Sorong, but I don't know them well at all.

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I forgot to ask the local but I assume Sorong as well, I sent the seller an email to ask.

I took her out tonight (yes at night I know not the best of ideas) and she was decent. Only really tried to strike when I was taking her out. Then she coiled around my hand and refused to budge so I had to wait her out lol. Eventually I came up with a game plan to uncoil her with the snake hook and she went right back into her setup without baptizing me with her fangs lol.

pouchedrat

Arachnolord
Old Timer
totally jealous, I love GTP's, they were the first snake I fell in love with. I just cannot afford one, nor would I want something that large or a snake that fed on rodents in the house, lol. Maybe someday, if I could feed it f/t chicks and it'd be happy...

JanPhilip

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Great buy for sure, love the stripe! And i would guess on sorong aswell. If you have problems getting her to move, just gently tickle/stroke her tail with a snakehook and she will move for you. Works with other morelia species too ;)

NevularScorpion

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
She is beautiful :) I personally like yellow snakes or any reptile. do you guys have some ? pics please :)

xchondrox

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
If you keep handling her at night its only a matter of time before you get nailed...espeacially if your trying to hold her with your hands.

Good luck with her they are awsome snakes.

sharpfang

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Beauty!

I will guess "Jayapura" locale though :D GL w/ her - Jason

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Seller informed me she is from a Sorong father and a suspected Sorong mother. :)

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Very nice! I have thought about getting a GTP... Or.. A ETB... They are both super gorgeous snakes.. :D Congrats on yours.. :)

ZergFront

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I'm so jealous. I love GTP and ETBs but reptiles are a pricey bunch. Good score!

Dessicaria

Arachnopeon
Love the blue on her!

Here's a trick I learned from an anaconda keeper (have never had to use it, since my anacondas have always been decent, but he swore it helped) ... put a t-shirt you have worn into the cage with the snakes for a day or so now and again. They will get used to your scent and be less likely to bite out of defensiveness. Don't know if it works on these arboreal guys, but it wouldn't hurt to try!