Bottle cap water dish?

Jarrod B

Arachnopeon
I like to use the spring water bottle lid they are low profile, flexible, and fit nicely in smaller enclosures. I would not use beer caps because their sharp some t's like to move their dish around, I worry something might happen. I would also worry about rust.

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
It isn't that you can't. I hate how plastics absorb whatever they touch often times. So I don't feel like soaking caps or washing them out to be sure whatever leached in, leached back out.

I don't want my Avics acting like Tap's because they drank too much from a Gatorade cap w/all that sugar and bounce all around :rofl::rofl:
ah, i thought you meant that there was some evil chemical o them or something. i just wipe out the dirt with a towel before reusing them.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
ah, i thought you meant that there was some evil chemical o them or something. i just wipe out the dirt with a towel before reusing them.
I'll be honest, I'm not a fan of plastic either haha.

Jarrod B

Arachnopeon
I have heard of people using acorn tops but I would bake them in an oven to kill all the yuckies.

Estein

Arachnoknight
Love all the color coordinated dishes!

Thanks, all, for the feedback--I look forward to hearing more contributions. I don't personally buy bottled water or sodas, so that's much of the reason I ask for other found ideas. I like the med bottle idea and those nice little rounds from the container store.

Jeff23

Arachnolord
I am using 2.5 dram vials for most of my larger slings and Juvs. It doesn't take up much horizontal space and is deep enough to make refills easy and less often. The only risk is using it with burrowing spiders where they throw substrate into the dish. This vial contains more liquid than normal and will moisten a lot more substrate if wicked off by moss or other substrate material.

I either use a monopoly plastic hotel or a plastic thimble (from Hobby Lobby) for my 5 oz. deli cups. Hobby Lobby also sells small clear plastic caps (for use with painting / art projects).

Estein

Arachnoknight
I either use a monopoly plastic hotel or a plastic thimble (from Hobby Lobby) for my 5 oz. deli cups.
I'm tickled by the amount of people using Monopoly houses/hotels. It's just something I never would have thought of. I'm so impressed and inspired by the amount of creativity in the hobby.

Jeff23

Arachnolord
I'm tickled by the amount of people using Monopoly houses/hotels. It's just something I never would have thought of. I'm so impressed and inspired by the amount of creativity in the hobby.
I got the Monopoly idea from lunarae mentioning it and they do work great. I am using them in my 1/4" and 1/3" sling 5 oz deli cups. One of my Eupalaestrus Campestratus has just created a molt web up against one of them so the vacancy sign must have been lit up.