Old Timer
And some true spiders...

Segestria ruficeps

Lycosa erythrognatha

Lycosa sp.

Ando55

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Awesome pics! I especially like your carebear lineup of Grammostolas, they look gently, i hope the are. How's your OBT so far in attitude? and the unidentified T looks very appealing with those red hairs! My guess would be a Brachypelma vagans.

P.S.: Your rosea sling 2nd pic reminds me of my little one..best wishes on all your Ts they look terrific! :clap:

Last edited:

Bothrops

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Awesome pics! I especially like your carebear lineup of Grammostolas, they look gently, i hope the are. How's your OBT so far in attitude? and the unidentified T looks very appealing with those red hairs! My guess would be a Brachypelma vagans.

P.S.: Your rosea sling 2nd pic reminds me of my little one..best wishes on all your Ts they look terrific! :clap:
Thanks Ando55! You're the first person that post in my little thread! :D

I have 3 OBT's. One it's about 2.25'' and the others are about 0.5''. The bigger one is starting to show its temperament ;P . The smaller ones are still more 'run-than- threaten'.
I couldn't take any pics from the bigger one, but I'm waiting for the next molt to transfer it to its definitive enclosure. There, I'll try to take some pics from it.

The unidentified T isn't a Brachypelma vagans, because this comes from Argentina, and here there aren't B. vagans! :D

Thanks again!!
Cheers,
Bothrops

Ando55

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Thanks Ando55! You're the first person that post in my little thread! :D

I have 3 OBT's. One it's about 2.25'' and the others are about 1''. The bigger one is starting to show its temperament ;P . The smaller ones are still more than run than threaten.
I couldn't take any pics from the bigger one, but I'm waiting for the next molt to transfer it to its definitive enclosure. There, I'll try to take some pics from it.

The unidentified T isn't a Brachypelma vagans, because this comes from Argentina, and here there aren't B. vagans! :D

Thanks again!!
Cheers,
Bothrops
Ahhh that leads to my 2nd guess then a Acanthoscurria juruenicola which does come from South America although your T shows no definite striping at all but I think i see some that are faintly there. Those OBTs must be enjoyable :D, I'm glad I was able to put in my words and thank you for replying back as well, great stuff! :D

Bothrops

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Ahhh that leads to my 2nd guess then a Acanthoscurria juruenicola which does come from South America although your T shows no definite striping at all but I think i see some that are faintly there. Those OBTs must be enjoyable :D, I'm glad I was able to put in my words and thank you for replying back as well, great stuff! :D
Oh, unfortunately, there isn't Acanthoscurria juruenicola in Argentina either :}, they come from Brazil.

It's very difficult to know.. I don't think it's an Acanthoscurria sp., maybe a Grammostola sp. (but if so, which sp? I dunno..), or someone told me Paraphysa scrofa (that it also could be).

Cheers,
Bothrops

Last edited:

Ando55

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Oh, unfortunately, there isn't Acanthoscurria juruenicola in Argentina either :}, they come from Brazil.

It's very difficult to know.. I don't think it's an Acanthoscurria sp., maybe a Grammostola sp. (but if so, which sp? I dunno..), or someone told me Paraphysa scrofa (that it also could be).

Cheers,
Bothrops
Yep, the A juruenicola is from brazil, by the looks of it I think we atleast got the genus down to those two. It looks great no matter what it is!:D

Apophis

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Hey Martin!

Great pictures man! I love those Lycosa erythrognatha!

Bothrops

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Hey Martin!

Great pictures man! I love those Lycosa erythrognatha!
Thanks Apophis! The pics might be good, but not as good as yours. Your pictures are the best of the best :D

Cheers!
Bothrops

RottweilExpress

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Those Lycosa shots where awesome. I'm going to get me some, as soon as I find a good dealer, or visit a larger fair that presents them. In may hopefully.

ErikH

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Very nice pictures. I especially like your g. pulchra, and your "mystery tarantula".

Bothrops

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Thanks for posting, ppl! :worship:

I opened a new thread in the T' forum ("Please, I MUST identify this T")

This is the adult female

A friend of mine caught that T' and her eggsac in the field and now he has about 400-500 spiderlings.
I brought 10 of them.

If you think you know what species it could be, tell me, please! :?

Bothrops

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
It looks like,Euathlus vulpinus.
Thanks, there isn't Euathlus vulpinus in Argentina, just Euathlus truculentus. Besides, I don't think it looks like an Euathlus sp. :?

Cheers!
Bothrops

eman

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
A friend of mine caught that T' and her eggsac in the field and now he has about 400-500 spiderlings.
I brought 10 of them.

If you think you know what species it could be, tell me, please! :?
It looks like A. chacoana. This species occurs in several SA countries, including Argentina.

Here are some pictures for reference:

http://giantspiders.com/A_chacoana.html
http://www.swiftinverts.com/pix/ACHACO.JPG
http://www.e-spiderworld.com/gallery/pages/Acanthoscurria chacoana saM.htm
http://www.arachnoboards.com/ab/gallery/showimage.php?i=1141&c=13

Locale data on where it was captured may also be helpfull.

Cheers

Bothrops

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Thanks eman, it really looks like a A. chacoana. He also has another adult female that was caught in the same place some years ago, and it has the red rump and the black carapace as well, like the photos that you showed me. I think it has to be that species!

Cheers,
Bothrops

Scourge

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I have seen pics of a sp. similar to your first unidentified spider labled as Plesiopelma sp.

Bothrops

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I have seen pics of a sp. similar to your first unidentified spider labled as Plesiopelma sp.
Here we have Plesiopelma longisternale, although I don't know too much about this species, and I've never seen a juvenile, so I really don't know if it could be that. Anyways, thank you for telling me that :D

Cheers,
Bothrops