Born To Be Eaten-BTBE-Example of German Selection

Nomadinexile

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I'm not trying to give anyone any stupid ideas. I am almost sure they will not ship here even if you get a stupid idea either! But, this is an interesting look at the different variety our friends across the pond have access to. Interesting don't you think? :)

http://www.futtertiere24.de/xtcommerce/index.php/cat/c61_Scorpions.html

A couple of things I find interesting, besides the multiple species we don't have here, is the price for the H. pallidus. 60 euro's for an adult!! (That's over $77)

But many of their other species are cheap compared to what they would be here if they were even available!

P. villosus black morph juvenile 40 euros, typical morph 35 euros!!

R. pintoi adult 39 euros

Androctonus australis adult 25 euros!

Wow. I need my license.... :drool:

RBJ

Arachnopeon
Why is it stupid to want some of these species :confused:
Except for those who want to handle there scorps.

Nomadinexile

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Why is it stupid to want some of these species :confused:
Except for those who want to handle there scorps.
It's not. I think you misunderstood me or I misspoke! :)

What would be stupid is to try an order scorpions (or any live animals) from europe without getting an import license and the paperwork for that shipment. It is illegal. The free market apparently doesn't apply to hobbyists of live animals. :mad:

But it doesn't hurt to look or want. Just make sure you get them legally. :)

signinsimple

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Since we're asking about what you mean anyway...where does the "Born to be Eaten" title come in regarding this post?

Nomadinexile

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Since we're asking about what you mean anyway...where does the "Born to be Eaten" title come in regarding this post?
Look at the top of their sidebar. That's what it says. I have no idea why. :?

But it does catch your eye doesn't it? :)

Evilmorgan

Arachnopeon
They're called "born to be eaten" because they are a feeder animal company (bugs/rodents), they just happen to sell the cool eater animals as well :)

Moltar

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
A couple of less than familiar species there, at least to me.

NevularScorpion

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
True lol, I'm gonna find a german Girl friend so I can stay in germany and enjoy european scorps lol

Michiel

Arachnoking
Old Timer
For european standards, BTBE is rather expensive, and their species are also available through the hobby circuit for much cheaper :)
But, I am positive about their packing methods, client contact etc etc.....

NevularScorpion

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
For european standards, BTBE is rather expensive, and their species are also available through the hobby circuit for much cheaper :)
But, I am positive about their packing methods, client contact etc etc.....
can you list top 4 european stores that has good selection of scorps and has good price. I just want to have an idea about the availability and pricing of scorps in europe. Also what scorp sp do you guys consider rare or in the same caliber as P metallica in europe? I just want to know the new cool stuff over there because US is way behind when it comes to scorps and even Ts lol

Michiel

Arachnoking
Old Timer
can you list top 4 european stores that has good selection of scorps and has good price. I just want to have an idea about the availability and pricing of scorps in europe. Also what scorp sp do you guys consider rare or in the same caliber as P metallica in europe? I just want to know the new cool stuff over there because US is way behind when it comes to scorps and even Ts lol
I am sorry, don't have time for that, so you have to do your own research. Btw, I don't buy from stores.