BORINGGG

Tdcandama96

Arachnopeon
Anything i can do to encourage my T to move, web, or anything besides cling to glass all day :c
I love watching her move and she just seems sad to me :rofl:
maybe I'm just crazy

WeightedAbyss75

Arachnoangel
Which T? Certain T's like G. porteri and such will never really be "encouraged to web", since most never web regardless. If it IS a heavy webbing T that is not webbing, then extra web anchors and things for it to web on can help. My solution? Just get more T's if you can ;) That way, there is always one doing something, and you are never bored since you have different types and sizes :D

Tdcandama96

Arachnopeon
A. Avic.
and i would, but with kids and limited space around the home one or two is all i can do at the moment unfortunately:(

Devin B

Arachnobaron
If you think that your T is boring then you should see mine. I have a B. Smithi sling that went underground in october. Yes october. This was literally a week after it emerged from a 1 month stay underground. On the bright side its the easiest pet to care for that I've ever owned.

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
hanging out in one spot is what most tarantulas do all day. they are not active pets, except when feeding.

Draketeeth

Arachnoknight
A. hentzi underground for five months with no signs of it coming up anytime soon. :cat:

I would love for any of mine to cling onto the glass for a day. That sounds awesome. So many pictures would be taken.

Trenor

Arachnoprince
Most Ts don't move around a lot. That's how they keep from being noticed. If you want tit to web put it someplace quite and leave it be. It'll settle in and web.

They are not active pets. My most active is my P.met and it doesn't run about very often.

SausageinaNet

Arachnopeon
If you think that is "boring" you clearly choose the wrong hobby. They don't do much and they have been successful at doing that for millions of years. The only time you can really expect something is when you feed them. Else there will not be much happening.

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
Anything i can do to encourage my T to move, web, or anything besides cling to glass all day :c
maybe I'm just crazy
Get a hamster?

Re: active T's:
Surprisingly, my E.murinus and E.cyanognathus are the most active spiders at the moment. Burrowing, going above ground to web the entire enclosure floor, and creating their webtube openings. After that, they're relaxing at the entrance, giving me a full view of their legs and fang colours.
Very satisfying tarantula, and not what i expected at all from a burrowing genus :)

Rittdk01

Arachnoknight
My ghost ornamental is very active and that's about it. My most impressive web was made by my Big rose hair, surprisingly. Webbed the entire floor and two inches up every wall. the only time any of mine are active is when they r uneasy about a rehouse. My most entertaining are my Adult LP salmon Birdeater and 3 lp spiderlings, t stirmi, OBT, p vitatta and b vagans mex red rump. These are the most entertaining because they normally always pounce on food lol.

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
Idk about you, but my tarantulas put on Shakespearean plays for my enjoyment. This year's production of Macbeth was spectacular. :troll:
They are also very good at shapshifting. One minute you have spider sitting on a log, calm and sluggish. You blink, and after that there is a slapping, venom dropping monster sitting in the exact same spot! :D

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
Anything i can do to encourage my T to move, web, or anything besides cling to glass all d
If you have an Avic set up correctly it will set up its tube web.

Post some images of the enclosure and the spider so we can tell you if it is set up properly or if it needs to be fixed.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
maybe I'm just crazy
Are you simply complaining or did you not research these animals before you acquired one? o_O

chanda

Arachnoking
Old Timer
maybe I'm just crazy
My A. avic sulked for almost four months after I rehoused her to her "big girl" cage. All she did was hang out on the glass. No webbing, despite an ample supply of webbing points and retreats. Then she finally got motivated - and webbed the cage door shut. (Fortunately, the top opens, too.) She's got quite the web tube construction built now - and now she hangs out on the glass, in her tube. It's just what they do.

Tdcandama96

Arachnopeon
Let me rephrase this since everyone seems to be taking this out of hand. I KNOW tarantulas are not active. I know they can sit still for months on end. I wa's simply excited since this is the first t I've had in over a year and compared to my last it literally has done nothing, I was worried I had done something wrong since the last t I owned was g. Rosea.
But I guess I didn't phrase my original post correctly. My bad.:cat:
no need to be rude

Last edited:

WeightedAbyss75

Arachnoangel
Let me rephrase this since everyone seems to be taking this out of hand. I KNOW tarantulas are not active. I know they can sit still for months on end. I wa's simply excited since this is the first t I've had in over a year and compared to my last it literally has done nothing, I was worried I had done something wrong since the last t I owned was g. Rosea.
But I guess I didn't phrase my original post correctly. My bad.:cat:
no need to be rude
We don't mean to be rude ;) Just seems kind of obvious to us, but I get wht you're saying. Hopefully it starts to web, they tend to be a lot more active than a G. rosea.