Bootyface!

ThisMeansWAR

Arachnosquire
IMG_0434.JPG Anybody else see a face on dis baby's booty? Or am I just drunk? Anyone with anatomy skills that can tell me what those dots are? Cheers!

Trenor

Arachnoprince
Is that a cyst on it's abdomen? That's a pretty bald T you got there man.

Last edited:

ThisMeansWAR

Arachnosquire
Is that a cyst on it's abdomen? That's a pretty bald T you got there man.
That is some mold / fungi due to poor husbandry from the previous owner. She has now been in a dry enclosure for weeks and is gradually getting better.

Trenor

Arachnoprince
I've never seen mold on a T before. Good luck man. Hope she gets better.

ThisMeansWAR

Arachnosquire
Me neither, it really freaked me out at first. But I'll allow myself to claim fair use and quote S. Schultz from the TKG: " It is possible that tarantulas kept too moist might contract fungus infections in the same manner as soldiers who must wage war in the tropics. So, the first line of defense is almost surely to dry out the tarantula whenever possible, and improve its care practices so that it never becomes that wet again. For the most part, fungal infections appear as small, cottony tufts in the joints in the legs or between body plates or as more or less dry deformations on to exoskeleton. If a patch on the taranula's exoskeleton, usually on the ventral surface, develops a dry, wrinkled, or pebbled appearance reminiscent of an orange peel, especially associated with severe bristle loss in the area that cannot be explained by mere abrasion alone, the diagnosis is a fungal infection."