Bombardier Beetle???

green_bottle_04

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
does anyone know where to get these guys? are Bombardier Beetles even available in the pet trade?

lucanidae

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Bombardier beetles are in the family Carabidae and numerous native species are found across the U.S. You can collect your own outside. As for the famous species, they are not commonly found in the pet trade.

Taceas

Arachnolord
Old Timer
I can't imagine anyone would want one. =P

I find them occasionally wandering around our property and you'd think the cats would have learned by now, but oh no. ;)

Scythemantis

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Bombardiers are very pretty beetles, but yeah, there are lots of similar creatures. There are plenty of other beetles with a defensive spray/chemical explosion, too.

beetleman

Arachnoking
Old Timer
oh yeah, fierysearchers will shoot some volital smelly fluid at ya,i should know mine get me by surprize sometimes{D :D

green_bottle_04

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Bombardiers are very pretty beetles, but yeah, there are lots of similar creatures. There are plenty of other beetles with a defensive spray/chemical explosion, too.
really? i didnt know that. im very unfamiliar with beetles. i just read a bit a bout the bombardiers so i thought id ask about them. what others have the same defensive spray/chemical explosion?