Bolus question

Dylan Bruce

Arachnosquire
As the title suggests I have a quick question about boluses. So my T hasn't eaten since I got it in january and I'm assuming it's in pre-moult however I do ocassionaly drop a cricket or something In just to see if it will take it. I dropped one in a few days ago and left it for 24 hours as normal. A few days later I still couldn't find the stray feeder But this morning my T left what looks like a bolus outside it's hide. I've attached a pic what to you guys think?

Attachments

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
#1 the spider looks plump from what I can see (is that a B. smithi? They usually do everything on the slower side).
#2 can you take a couple more pictures of that object in question? It does not appear to be a bolus, at least not to me. Probably excrement to be honest ...

basin79

ArachnoGod
That's not a bolus.

Also if your T is in premoult and could moult any time please don't live livefood in with it unintended for 24hrs. If you T just flip and moult in the open a cricket could easily do it alot of harm.

Dylan Bruce

Arachnosquire
#1 the spider looks plump from what I can see (is that a B. smithi? They usually do everything on the slower side).
#2 can you take a couple more pictures of that object in question? It does not appear to be a bolus, at least not to me. Probably excrement to be honest ...
Yeah it's a juvi B. Smithi, my original thought was that it was excrement but I have never seen one balled up like that. So I thought possibly bolus. Thanks for the advice

Dylan Bruce

Arachnosquire
That's not a bolus.

Also if your T is in premoult and could moult any time please don't live livefood in with it unintended for 24hrs. If you T just flip and moult in the open a cricket could easily do it alot of harm.
Yeah that was what I thought but I had never seen excrement balled up like that before and couldn't find any pictures of a bolus online for reference.

If my T is in pre-moult it's still in the early stages. The only reason I'm suspecting pre-moult is because it isn't eating. It may just be on a fast. But I usually do take the food out after a few hours if isn't interested. Thanks for the advice mate.