Bob The Hornworm Caterpillar

EtienneN

Arachno-enigma
So I got an assorted box of hornworms for my Ts and found a huge 5th instar hornworm. I obviously couldn’t feed something that size to any of my spiders so I promptly gave him a quarter of an orange including the peel and he has buried himself in moist substrate. I believe he’s getting ready to pupate. Will update. Not sure what I’d do with a big moth but I guess we’ll see.

PidderPeets

Arachnoprince
Arachnosupporter +
They're fun little creatures. I'm sure you know, but the moths are fairly large and bulky, and have some striking orange on their body. Just make sure that whatever you house the pupa in has something so it can climb and properly inflate it's wings when it encloses

SamanthaMarikian

Arachnoknight
In like seventh grade i bought one of those tiny boxes with one hornworm in it from petsmart and named it bob. I grew too attached to feed it to my gecko. RIP - Bob 2k16

EtienneN

Arachno-enigma
Sure, my mom took a few weird ones and said act like you are going to kiss it like it’s Prince Charming. Yep, my family is definitely not weird.:rofl:

bugmankeith

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I saw someone have a large enclosure for them to fly and set up a hummingbird feeder for them to eat from as they hover while they drink nectar.