boas

zyphonix223

Arachnosquire
In your experience, do you guys enjoy Brazilian Rainbow boas or Bci boas as pets more? And by that I mean they're temperament, how cost-effective they are and just they're convenience/how much you enjoy keeping them. Thanks

Regal Jumpers

Arachnopeon
As a reptile enthusiast, Bci's are generally sweeties, but some can be a tad defensive. Also, size. An 8+ foot snake might not be a good choice for you. If you are new to owning larger/more advanced species, I'd go with a Brazilian Rainbow Boa, but people are different, so do your own research, see if you could maybe even meet one of each species. Good luck!:)

zyphonix223

Arachnosquire
As a reptile enthusiast, Bci's are generally sweeties, but some can be a tad defensive. Also, size. An 8+ foot snake might not be a good choice for you. If you are new to owning larger/more advanced species, I'd go with a Brazilian Rainbow Boa, but people are different, so do your own research, see if you could maybe even meet one of each species. Good luck!:)
I have an option between a BRB and a Bci, I hear BCI's are almost always super docile and BRB's are sometimes docile but a lot of places say they are really aggressive as babies and adults. I really like them both and I am kind of leaning towards BRB's but I hear more Bci's being mellow. Thanks :)

14pokies

Arachnoprince
It varies completely by individual.. They are both on the same temperament level.. You have individuals that are slightly highstrung and defensive to completely tractable.. As with many snakes both species tend to be more nippy reactive and or defensive as neonates.. Imo both species are what I would consider calm and very tolerant of handling if raised under normal circumstances..