Blue Fang Care?

golda

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
hey guys.. wanna ask if caring for a blue fang (E.Cyanognathus) is any different from the other T's. any help is greatly appreciated thanks! :worship:

AphonopelmaTX

Staff member
Hi "Golda",

E. cyanognathus will need a tall container with moist soil and enough room to burrow. As "kitty_b" stated they are more moisture dependant as spiderlings and to extend on that, if you don't provide them with the required moisture, they will parish. I have lost two spiderlings myself from not paying close attention to this.

This species is also an aggressive eater and will need to be fed often. If setup to allow a burrow, they can easily take down prey a bit larger than themselves. Other than those two main points, keep like any other moisture sensitive species.

- Lonnnie

golda

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
thanks guys! il make a note on that! i havent provided any burrow for my blue fang as of now but i did put some moss to retain the moisture. i feed him micro crickets everyday seeing the blue fang is like 1.5cm LS in size. :cool:

wolfpak

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
thanks guys! il make a note on that! i havent provided any burrow for my blue fang as of now but i did put some moss to retain the moisture. i feed him micro crickets everyday seeing the blue fang is like 1.5cm LS in size. :cool:

expect it, to be a pet hole:)

golda

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
lol! ... plain and simple.. just "no" but i'd glady accept the vial. {D

That will be pretty boring. Golda, you might as well give it to me.;P

Bro, I got a tall plastic vial perfect for your blue fang.

rosehaired1979

Arachnoking
Old Timer
These are also "have to" diggers so if you were thinking about not letting it burrow it will stress it out because they are obligate burrowers. As others has stated be prepared you will not see the T unless @ night (if it decides to come out @ night) Oh and forget about sexing them to cause if yours is like mine its a moult destroyer.

wolfpak

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
lol! ... plain and simple.. just "no" but i'd glady accept the vial. {D

or you could leave it with me for proper care:)

anyway, don't forget "HUMIDITY" it'd important for this species