Blue Death Feigning Beetle Larvae?

Struedle

Arachnopeon
Hello,

I have a 10 gallon tank with a desert hairy scorpion in it. I also have 2 blue death feigning beetles in it. I noticed a few weeks ago or so they appeared to be mating a few times. About 2 or so weeks ago I noticed these little larvae things in the substrate. This morning I noticed even more of them. My substrate is a 70/30 mixture of playsand and excavator clay. The larvae are about 3-4 inches down in the substrate and spread around on 2 sides of the tank. I will attach pictures of the larvae. Can anyone tell me if they are from the BDFB and if so what are the chances they will survive? I was surprised to see them, and figured if they made it this far with no intervention from me, then maybe they will make it to adulthood.

Attachments

MasterOogway

Arachnoknight
Looks like Asbolus larvae; they have a spade-shaped 'tail'. You'll get eggs and larvae, but they will not pupate without a large time and effort investment from you, and even then, it's unlikely. Basically you'll need to separate them out, and then have an incubator on hand that you can set to 88-ish degrees. There are only a handful of us floating around who have been successful with this species, but we can always use more folks working on it!

Struedle

Arachnopeon
Thanks for the reply. I am moving to a new place in May. Once moved I will I get the proper equipment I need and attempt to raise any new larvae I discover. I'm surprised they even hatched on their own lol. Good to know I have a male and female beetle.

Madnesssr

Arachnoknight
I use crushed egg shell and/or powdered calcium carbonate for their calcium source.