Blue death feigning beetle- Bulb vs Mat heating.

Flair

Arachnopeon
To start this off, I just want to say that I am fully aware they do fine at room temperature. They've been kept like that for months with me and longer with their previous owner. However, I would like to add some heating during the day because 1) I want to promote breeding 2) I just think it would mimic the natural habitat more and I'm just more into that. My house is kept in the low 70s/high 60s so it's a little cold. (livable, of course) The previous owner had actually tested them on a heat mat and said they seemed to like it. This plus the horror stories of exploding bulbs had me leaning towards a mat on the side of the tank, but I wanted some additional opinions. I want to ask those of you who use heating (or know about those who do) what you currently recommend.

I am in the middle of redoing the tank. This is approximately a 10 gallon tank with a three layered-substrate system (to promote future breeding), will have some safe succulents (will probably need supplemental lighting for them), and plenty of places to hide. I currently have some average household bulb to light it up in the meantime while I redo everything. The lid is just a homemade metal (not screen) lid because the tank came without one. It has a place where the current bulb can sit on it, but I know this may be an issue with other forms of heating. My room gets very little sunlight so I like to light up the tanks as a way to observe what's in them and light up the room a bit. If you have any recommendations for this type of setup, let me know!

jrh3

Araneae
Arachnosupporter +
I don’t keep them, but if I did, I would use a bulb.

MasterOogway

Arachnoknight
You'll need a dedicated incubator and setup to try and breed these guys, if you're not aware. It's a challenging project, but we always need more people working on it!

Flair

Arachnopeon
You'll need a dedicated incubator and setup to try and breed these guys, if you're not aware. It's a challenging project, but we always need more people working on it!
Oh I definitely know. I won't be disappointed if I can't get it, but I'm up for the challenge.