Blue Cobalt Feeding PROBLEMS?

FASSETT

Arachnopeon
My cobalt blue recently escaped and allmost called in to work to find her. Wife found her and she was transferred back to her cage safely, thank god. Anyways she ate one time in the past month. Ill leave a cricket in her cage over night and remove it the next day. Ive allways tell my self that shes about to molt but then she eats. Shes getting really skinny and im kinda concerned. Her small rebuilt hole is webbed over. Could she be stressed out?

FASSETT

Arachnopeon
My cobalt blue recently escaped and allmost called in to work to find her. Wife found her and she was transferred back to her cage safely, thank god. Anyways she ate one time in the past month. Ill leave a cricket in her cage over night and remove it the next day. Ive allways tell my self that shes about to molt but then she eats. Shes getting really skinny and im kinda concerned. Her small rebuilt hole is webbed over. Could she be stressed out?

Attachments

sdsnybny

Arachnogeek
That's not skinny for a cobalt blue. If she closed the door, she will come out when ready weather its stress, not hungry, or premolt. Glad you apprehended the escapee without any problems.

14pokies

Arachnoprince
If thats a recent pic of her she looks pretty good to me.. She is most likely preparing for a molt or she just doesn't want to be bothered..

Quixtar

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
They can go months without eating. Don't stress about it. Just keep it moist and hydrated.

Haksilence

Bad At Titles
Arachnosupporter
Judging from that pic IMO the substrate isn't moist enough, just saying :-s
agreed, use something like http://www.worldclimate.com/ and check each species' natural habitat before you buy them, always better than second hand information.

that being said, heres some second hand info, this species trives in a relatively humid environment with a pretty substantial annual average rainfall so to keep their habitat as close to their natural one oyu will need to replicate that as close as you reasonably can

FASSETT

Arachnopeon
agreed, use something like http://www.worldclimate.com/ and check each species' natural habitat before you buy them, always better than second hand information.
that being said, heres some second hand info, this species trives in a relatively humid environment with a pretty substantial annual average rainfall so to keep their habitat as close to their natural one oyu will need to replicate that as close as you reasonably can
I try to mist her every day and aswell as that shot its new substrate. I have a humidity and temp gauge for her so i keep a eye on all that. Thanks tho...really

WeightedAbyss75

Arachnoangel
I try to mist her every day and aswell as that shot its new substrate. I have a humidity and temp gauge for her so i keep a eye on all that. Thanks tho...really
IMO, misting won't do much. Cobalt Blue looks beautiful, probably just is in early premolt. Also, what is "that shot it's new substrate"? It's no good to promote sub on sub crime you know ;)

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Uhm, not. Don't mist. IMO? Do this. Take a normal plastic glass. Water (I use the tap one, where I live is amazing) at room temperature. With a syringe, or better, a plastic pipette, pour directly the water in the substrate. Try man :)

--

Humidity/temperature gauges are the pure finest "pet shops" scam$-items that do not belongs to a Theraphosidae enclosure, but to the trash can. However, they are perfect to throw outside from high roof windows directly in the head of some hipsters :-s

FASSETT

Arachnopeon
Uhm, not. Don't mist. IMO? Do this. Take a normal plastic glass. Water (I use the tap one, where I live is amazing) at room temperature. With a syringe, or better, a plastic pipette, pour directly the water in the substrate. Try man :)

--

Humidity/temperature gauges are the pure finest "pet shops" scam$-items that do not belongs to a Theraphosidae enclosure, but to the trash can. However, they are perfect to throw outside from high roof windows directly in the head of some hipsters :-s
Haha i feel it. Shes my first T just really cared when i got her. Ive had her for a year. And i changed the cage because there was flipping baby crickets every were, i was so PO. But should of found another way on dealing with it for sure.