Blue beauty

Vrqstx

Arachnopeon
Hello, so I was removing some stones out of the way and I foun this little treasure, a blue Whip Spider next to anither normal color Whip Spider so here's my question:

What are the odds of finding a blue spider? I know species of blue tarantulas but I've never seen one of this kind being blue.

Blue Lobsters are one in two million.

Attachments

mellow

Arachnobaron
What a cool find! Did you catch it? If it's freshly molted then that might be the reason why it's blue, or maybe it's just a super cool blue species of tailless whip scorpion! 😃

wizentrop

to the rescue!
Old Timer
That's a lovely Paraphrynus. As mentioned above it is very freshly molted (prossible an hour or two before the photo was taken). By now it should look like the normal one in the last photo.
The normal one also looks quite fresh out of its old exoskeleton. Whip spiders have synchronized molting among siblings, so it likely that these two are eggsac mates.

aphono

Arachnobaron
Wow, finding a fresh molt in the wild! Gorgeous!

Damon diadema actively in process of molting(note the normal colors on the old skin):

20180210_031225.jpg

About a hour or so after molt:

20180203_213651 (3).jpg

The skin goes back to normal colors when it completely hardens off.

Albireo Wulfbooper

Arachnoprince
I love that freshly-moulted blue - every time one of my amblypuppies moults I take a billion photos during that brief stage!