Blondie DEAD???

Staley

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I have 9" Female T Blondie. She has been on her back since last night... Is this normal? Or did she kick the bucket?

Staley

Nitibus

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
9 inch that's a biggy. Moulting take a LONG time at that size. Just leave it be... if it's still that was by wednesday you have a problem...

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
If it's still on its back weds it beyond dead. I would say you enter the worry time frame if she is not done her molt today. My 9" Blondi just recently molted and start to finish it was about 6 hours.

Moltar

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
My 5" H lividum took about 6 hours. Like these guys said, it should be done pretty soon. Once tha carapace pops it should only take a couple more hours. Has she begun actually pulling out of her old exoskeleton?

jbrd

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
My big blondi's have takenas much as 12+ hours to molt. Just keep an watchfull eye on her and you will see her move every once in awhile and know she is still alive. If it takes more than 24 hrs you may have a problem. So be patient.

Pennywise

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Right, they can take well over 12 hpurs as one of mine did. It started out by flipping over and then not moving for the next 4 hours.

sick4x4

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
My big blondi's have takenas much as 12+ hours to molt. Just keep an watchfull eye on her and you will see her move every once in awhile and know she is still alive. If it takes more than 24 hrs you may have a problem. So be patient.
12 hours??? wow do you keep it on the drier side?

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I'd say just wait it out. If she starts to smell or mold then you know she's dead. I would increase the humidity just incase.

matthias

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
They can take a long time to molt. If you take a few minutes and stare at her, can you see any movement?
Are the legs curled or almost elongated and strange?

This is probably just a molt. I would add some water the the house being careful not to get her wet.
Can you get a picture of her that might help.

Pulk

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
This is probably just a molt. I would add some water the the house being careful not to get her wet.
other people have said that too, why aren't you supposed to get a molting T wet?

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
other people have said that too, why aren't you supposed to get a molting T wet?
Generally Ts don't like getting wet anyway, so wetting them during a molt can stress them out alot!

Pennywise

Arachnolord
Old Timer
I mist mine daily but I never soak the substrate also fill large water
dishes daily. So far all T. Blondi molts and all other T molts for my spiders
have been successful

Staley

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Wooo Whoooooo

SHE MADE IT :) ITS ALL GOOD IN THE HOOD :)

NOW... WHo is gonna SEnd me A MALLLEEEEE????

sick4x4

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
yeah congrats and was curious as to the elapsed time??? lol:clap:
wayne

Staley

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I am gonna say about 16 hours...
I checked last night at 9 and she was on her back and she was done when i got home today around 6...

fartkowski

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
jeez 16 hours.
I'm happy to hear that she made it thru ok.
How big is she now?
I would love to see some pictures as well.