Blondie DEAD???

robbie

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
cool man, glad to hear she is okay:D , so what is the size of her now?

Staley

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Pic :) Her Now :)

She doesn't really look that big but she was flicking hairs left and right and I didnt want to get too many in my face. The first one is her before the molt. Notice the cinnamon coloration. Then the last 2 of her now fresh after a molt. Now she is dark brown. For size comparison just know that the tank is 12 inches wide. In the first picture she's almost as wide as the tank and shes not even stretching. Then some with ruler. Notice the carapace is over 1.5 inches (after the molt dried out). I wish I had my camera the first day. I could have gotten a pic of the legs before they shrank and dried. When they were still movable I pushed down on them to stretch them out in the container and they easily touched corner to corner (10 inches). If she grew an inch this time then she should be about an 11-12 inch spider my guess. If only she was more cooperative I would get her to stretch out nice for the camera.

I just want to say thank you for keeping me cool :) while she was on her back:worship:

cheetah13mo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
What a beast! Congrats on the sucessful molt Staley. Let me know if you find a male for her. My female is around the 8 1/2 inch mark and looking for love. :)