blondi or burgundy?

mcluskyisms

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Saw this on the RFUK classifieds where Im banned.....

Must say I think its 100% Burgundy

Falk

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Theraphosa sp. "Burgundy":) Very nice specimen

Norris

Arachnopeon
As I understand it, lack of hair on the patella means burgundy. Am I right in sayin this? Why are you banned by the way?

mcluskyisms

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
As I understand it, lack of hair on the patella means burgundy. Am I right in sayin this? Why are you banned by the way?
Yes you are correct, there are also differences in the spermathecae although as an adult specimen the lack of hair on the patella is the easiest was to ID.....

I got banned for posting up a message a Mod sent me, I think I'm allowed back at the end of the month.....

skippy

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
i think it's T spinipes now or soon enough so you don't really have to bother with the "sp burgandy":D

mcluskyisms

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
i think it's T spinipes now or soon enough so you don't really have to bother with the "sp burgandy":D
The paper hasn't been released as of yet so sadly in text we still all have to refer to these as Theraphosa sp. "Burgundy" although I already have both mine labeled up as Theraphosa spinipes.......

skippy

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
i think i will jump the gun a little for now:rolleyes:

if, for some reason, said paper does not come out i can always change it back:D

Falk

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
The paper hasn't been released as of yet so sadly in text we still all have to refer to these as Theraphosa sp. "Burgundy" although I already have both mine labeled up as Theraphosa spinipes.......
Sadly it can take years before its official. Then i hope they will do some study work with the Pamphobeteus sp. "Santo Domingo goliath":)

skippy

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
or any of the pamphos:rolleyes:

i'd like something official to put on my platyomma, nigricolor and south ecuador species;)

Falk

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
or any of the pamphos:rolleyes:

i'd like something official to put on my platyomma, nigricolor and south ecuador species;)
True.
I have seen a lot of those Pamphobeteus sp 2, Pamphobeteus sp. Colombia 6 ect ect. Would really like to know what they all are.

AphonopelmaTX

Staff member
It's of my opinion that since allegedly Lasiodora spinipes (Ausserer 1871) is what is being transferred to the genus Theraphosa, everyone should be calling these things Lasiodora spinipes until the transfer is official.

-Lonnie

mcluskyisms

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
It's of my opinion that since allegedly Lasiodora spinipes (Ausserer 1871) is what is being transferred to the genus Theraphosa, everyone should be calling these things Lasiodora spinipes until the transfer is official.

-Lonnie
That would maybe be somewhat feasible if the whole of the Lasiodoria genus wasn't as messed up as it is itself, although it does kinda look like a Theraphosa no???

:rolleyes: