blondi moult

Herp_girl

Arachnopeon
I posted here a few weeks ago about my new blondi exhibiting possible shed behavior....well, she shed. She started on the evening of the 16th of march and by morning it was off and she looked all shiny and new. When it started it looked like the Alien films, or like something from Dr Who...amazing. I'm just wondering how long I should wait before she'll eat again. I tried a locust about 2 days ago (24th march) but she flicked hairs at it...I'm just a paranoid new tarantula mummy and I'd like some sort of timescale.
I'm also worried about the size of her abdomen because it's probably 50% the size it was before she shed. She has a large, clean, full waterbowl in her tank, but I don't think she's had anything since she shed. She seems happy enough, she has been coming out of her tank and wandering about at night, but not in the direction of her water bowl (so much for 'large, enriching habitats' lol). She also seems a lot more skittish now, this morning my mum thought she was dead so I went to open her tank, I just touched the lid to lift it up and she shot (literally blink and you miss it speed) back into her burrow. Do blondis normally get more skittish after shedding?
thanx for all teh help

Midnightrdr456

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
how large is she? Also any T i normally wait at least 5 days or so before feeding again, even slings, then larger ones I wait 1-3 weeks sometimes more if they are VERY large.

Mike H.

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Make sure she has fresh water, leave her be for atleast a week or so then try again...

Regards, Mike

MindUtopia

Arachnoking
Old Timer
In my experience that behavior is normal for blondis in general. When I had mine, I never saw more than a leg every now and then. She'd run for her hide as soon as she felt the slightest vibration. I would do as suggested above and continue to offer food weekly until she accepts it again.