Blondi help ASAP 911

Trey

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
My blondi has been approaching a molt and I came bach upstairs and shes on her side. I've heard of them molting upright and upside but never on her side. Should I do anything? Please help asap it happened no more than 20 min.

Mushroom Spore

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
DON'T TOUCH IT DON'T TOUCH IT DON'T TOUCH IT

The T knows what it needs to do, you don't. Leave it be. :)

kitty_b

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
my 8"+ female molted on her side just before new years.

just breathe and let her do her thing :)

also, i noticed her on her side around 6 pm (and she probably rolled over before then), but she didn't even pop her carapace until 2 am. so don't fret about the time. mine was almost perfectly still right up until the carapace popped.

Trey

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
does it matter if I turn her light on and watch?

Cirith Ungol

Ministry of Fluffy Bunnies
Old Timer
If it isn't all too bright she'll proberbly be thinking about something else ;). Has never disturbed my T's if I've watched a little.

Trey

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Ok thanks......I'll let ya know how it turns out tomorrow. Thanks again for all the fast replies! This board is awesome

lostriverdoc

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Trey:
I came home from work about 5:30 and found my Tucson Blond I purchased from tarantulasInc a few months ago lying on her back. By 8:30 she was finished and standing over her old self. :clap: Will let her rest undisturbed the rest of the evening and check on her in the morning. It was something to watch. My three kids enjoyed it as much as I did.{DSit back, relax, and enjoy, they know what to do without our help.

Last edited:

Trey

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Ok, it is 8:00 in the morning and nothing has changed. Her legs are more inward and im getting kinda nervous and thinking shes dead. She started this at 10:00 lastnight. When should I take it for her being dead?

Johnny_27

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Ok, it is 8:00 in the morning and nothing has changed. Her legs are more inward and im getting kinda nervous and thinking shes dead. She started this at 10:00 lastnight. When should I take it for her being dead?
Dont call her dead yet but i'd start to be a little concerned. Nothing has happenned at all? Is she moving at all? How big is she?

Trey

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I talked to Botar and he said I could try to see if shes responsive to a touch so I flipped her on her back and no movement. I didn't know if she is dead or not and so when I touched her rump she move a very little. When should I assume shes not going to come through this?

Johnny_27

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Shes also about 7-12 inches maybe?
7.5"? If she moved a little, then leave her. Make sure its humid enough for her and just let her do her thing. Sometmes the bigger ones take longer. If she still hadnt done anything by tonight or tomorrow morning, then you probably have a problem.

Trey

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Ok, it's 10:45 and shes twitching her feet and moving her fangs up and down. Should I jump in or leave her?

Crunchie

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
leave her just now, it sounds like the moult is about to start! make sure it's humid enough in the tank for her though just in case she encounters problems.;)

Alice

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
leave her, that's a good sign she's progressing in the molt!

xgrafcorex

Thread Killer
Old Timer
as has been said..it sounds like its just getting started. it can be stressful watching them go from start to finish..just relax and try to enjoy the show. once they start moving around like that, its the beginning of them trying to wriggle free of their old exoskeleton. starts with the twitching you described..and before you know it, you'll be seeing the spider emerging from under its old skin. :D

Trey

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Thanks for setting me at ease. She's starting to work her legs out right now so I don't know how much longer it will be but im just enjoying watching her. I'll keep ya'll updated! ;)

Mina

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Take a deep breath and relax, it sounds like the moult will go fine now. Did you raise the humidity slightly? Be calm, she knows what to do, and moulting is very stressful for them. Disturb her as little as possible and keep us updated.