blondi breeding

Trace

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Right after my large female T. blondi molted I bred her to my male numerous times. After the 6 time or so she finally ate him. I am now waiting for her to produce a sac. Is there any kind of trigger I need to do to get her to produce? Maybe cool her, rain on her, or something? Thanks.

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
That's a very good question, I have heard floodings with this species is a must ( I have yet to try this though ). I have tried to breed them 5 times and only got a sac once. I think that was pure luck. So I want to get some tips too cause my big girls going to molt soon and I will be following your steps. Good luck man I hope you get a sac!

Hedorah99

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
This species needs a cooling period. All the people I have talked to that have had any success have had a 3 month cooling period. I am new at the breeding game but have been planning it for the late fall so I can naturally adjust the photoperiod and cool the room slowly to mimick natural rythyms.

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
A cooling period really? Any idea how cool? I thought the area they are native to stays pretty warm.

Hedorah99

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
A cooling period really? Any idea how cool? I thought the area they are native to stays pretty warm.
Not freezing but I have had success with just lowering inot the lower 70's high 60's. I have not bred blondi's yet but have had success with other new world species and this method. Like I said, I am new to breeding.

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I am going to have to try that, After so many failures I was trying to get a more seasonal mating going like you, my female should molt maybe September time frame so maybe a mating in early mid Oct. At least nature will make it easier to cool things down.