blondi breeding?

BirdSpider

Arachnopeon
i have a mature blondi. he was given to me, when he was already adult so he was for free. now it's more than a year since i got it and my friend asked me to borrow him for breeding but i'm not very sure, if this is a good idea, so i'm asking here for your opinion.

since i got him i haven't seen him doing a sperm-web or renewing sperm, he didn't even make a "massive web". he was also very active last days, walking around (like he was searching for female). he is still eating but his abdomen shows some signs of oldness (it's became little bit wrinkled). i think he has also a problem with his leg, he can't move tarsus on him front right leg.

do you think he is usefull for breeding or it's too risky of loosing a male or female?

mischaaussems

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
if it's a mature male, he will probably die within short notice. Breeding poses a risk of losing the male but you could end up with a lot of new spiders, if the breeding is succesfull.

spid142

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
near the end

Hes near the end of his life, and you may consider allowing him to try mating this last time. Hes going to die soon, why not give it a try? The mating might be a success and you could get some slings.

BirdSpider

Arachnopeon
thanks for the answers, i was acsually same thoughts but because female isn't mine, i'm still scared that the male might kill her? i know that there is a biger possibility that the female do "the dirty job" but is there a possibility for a opposit situation?

Hedorah99

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
thanks for the answers, i was acsually same thoughts but because female isn't mine, i'm still scared that the male might kill her? i know that there is a biger possibility that the female do "the dirty job" but is there a possibility for a opposit situation?
I have never heard of the male killing the female. He is proccupied iwth mating, while the female may just want a meal.

BirdSpider

Arachnopeon
ok, fine then, i just asked because i was told that i can also risk female's life.

thanks for answers, wish me luck :D

greetz

Hedorah99

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Whenever you put two T's in an eclosed area, there is risk one or both may get injured/die. But as long as its a full grown female, there is little risk to her.

musihuto

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
given the gimpy state that you've described, i really think the male would pose little threat to the female, though i suppose the chances that it itself may become a snack are high. anyways, i'm sure your friend understands the risks of breeding t's, no?

cheers! :D
- munis

kitty_b

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
personally, my blondi girl was extremely gentle and receptive to her suitor. unfortunately, he never figured out how to "get laid"