Blind Rose Hair Sling?

Rain Drop

Arachnopeon
Hello Everyone,
I recently picked up a rose hair sling at my local expo yesterday. The vendor was selling her for $1 so I figured not bad as I don't currently have a Rose in my collection. Anyways her deli cup was not very clear so all I could make out was movement untill I got home. I realized she had molted but the molt was not very good. She has a bad leg ( which I'm not too worried about) but it seems that she has scabs on her carapice. One of them covers up all of her eyes. Any advice on what I should do?

Attachments

Rain Drop

Arachnopeon
Ok thanks I was thinking that it just had me a little worried. She's still very active so I'm guessing that's a good thing. And yes I keep live plants with all my tarantulas she just has little moss clippings in her cup on the one side. She seems to prefer it over the cork bark on the other side. Maybe she picks up on vibrations better on the moss?

JoshDM020

Arachnobaron
Not sure how to help at all, but you gotta name it Murdock. The Daredevil one, not the A-Team one.

Rain Drop

Arachnopeon
Not sure how to help at all, but you gotta name it Murdock. The Daredevil one, not the A-Team one.
I can't say I'm much of a comic kind of girl but I definitely get the reference and the name does sound cute

boina

Lady of the mites
Ok thanks I was thinking that it just had me a little worried. She's still very active so I'm guessing that's a good thing. And yes I keep live plants with all my tarantulas she just has little moss clippings in her cup on the one side. She seems to prefer it over the cork bark on the other side. Maybe she picks up on vibrations better on the moss?
While I love having live plants with my tarantulas and quite a few of them have them you don't want to do that with arid species. My Brachypelmas/G. rosea etc. don't get plants because they need a dry environment. The moisture from watering the plants may actually kill your more moisture sensitive tarantulas, even if you just water a little. Your tarantula stays over her cork bark because it's dry, not because of any hypothetical vibrations.

Spidermolt

Arachnoknight
like kezyGLA said it'll come off the next molt. Ts don't rely too much on eyesight anyways instead they sense vibrations so I wouldn't worry about it.

Rain Drop

Arachnopeon
While I love having live plants with my tarantulas and quite a few of them have them you don't want to do that with arid species. My Brachypelmas/G. rosea etc. don't get plants because they need a dry environment. The moisture from watering the plants may actually kill your more moisture sensitive tarantulas, even if you just water a little. Your tarantula stays over her cork bark because it's dry, not because of any hypothetical vibrations.
You make a good point about Rose Hairs being a Arid species. I have small succulents with my B. Vagans. (Not any very pointy ones) I just thought that a slightly higher humidity would help her more because she is a sling and with some molt problems at that. Also, I apologise if my previous post was confusing she actually only stays on the moss and ignores the cork bark. Would you still advise removing the moss?

Rain Drop

Arachnopeon
like kezyGLA said it'll come off the next molt. Ts don't rely too much on eyesight anyways instead they sense vibrations so I wouldn't worry about it.
Thank you for also agreeing that it will come off the next time she molts! It honestly makes me feel a whole lot better!

boina

Lady of the mites
You make a good point about Rose Hairs being a Arid species. I have small succulents with my B. Vagans. (Not any very pointy ones) I just thought that a slightly higher humidity would help her more because she is a sling and with some molt problems at that. Also, I apologise if my previous post was confusing she actually only stays on the moss and ignores the cork bark. Would you still advise removing the moss?
Oh, I'm sorry, I misunderstood about staying on the moss. I keep my arid slings in a pretty dry environment early on (like 1 to 1.5"), but I live in a very humid area (marshlands), so ambient humidity around here is very high. I actually have no idea how Ohio is humidity wise, so the moss may be good if you live in a rather dry area :).

Tim Benzedrine

Prankster Possum
Old Timer
Somebody here had a tarantula, G. pulchripes I think, that had no eyes...was hatched without them, if I remember correctly.

Rain Drop

Arachnopeon
Oh, I'm sorry, I misunderstood about staying on the moss. I keep my arid slings in a pretty dry environment early on (like 1 to 1.5"), but I live in a very humid area (marshlands), so ambient humidity around here is very high. I actually have no idea how Ohio is humidity wise, so the moss may be good if you live in a rather dry area :).
That's ok Ohio weather does what it wants we get a little bit of everything here and each day it changes!

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
Their eyes can only perceive light/dark and an area of a few cm in front of them so they don't rely on them much at all, all should be back to normal within a couple of moults.

Nixphat

Arachnosquire
That's ok Ohio weather does what it wants we get a little bit of everything here and each day it changes!
SO TRUE! It was so warm for a week and then the temperature dropped back down to around the 50-60 range (Fahrenheit) and raining. We've literally had snow, rain and sun all in one day before. Good ol' Ohio :rofl:

Rain Drop

Arachnopeon
SO TRUE! It was so warm for a week and then the temperature dropped back down to around the 50-60 range (Fahrenheit) and raining. We've literally had snow, rain and sun all in one day before. Good ol' Ohio :rofl:
Lol tell me about it the pain is real! Oh well keeps things interesting at least!

ediblepain

Arachnosquire
That's not moss.