Bleeding question unlike any I could find.

kylestl

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Ok my E uatuman molted and when I went to check on her she jumped and a few drop of hemo fell from what seemed to be her carapace. Let me add this in because my last sentence seems to confuse. She molted and when I did my rounds is when she jumped and I noticed it. The injury already happened, I just discovered it. It could have been the top of her joint. But I think it was the carapace. I applied a bunch of corn starch. The bleeding seems to have stopped but what happens when the corn starch wears off. Will the bleeding resume? Now that the bleeding seems to ave stopped should I scrape the starch off and apply liquid bandage? How long does it take to clot up? Sorry for the thread but I just didn't know what to do for a carapace injury. I just want to save her. Thanks in advance.

Kyle

Last edited:

kylestl

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I removed the piece of cork bark in her cage and she moved oozing out more hemo so I knew she wasn't sealed up. I went to work getting the starch off and putting the liquid skin on and putting her in an ICU. It is defaintly on her carapace and it is HUGE. I think she wedged herself with the corkbark when she molted. Of all the place in the cage to molt and that is where she goes. I guess its one of those 1 in a ______ chances. I have and will do the most/best I can.

Mez

Arachnoknight
This is why people recommend you to leave them alone, especially flighty species like ephebopus.

animalnstinct

Arachnopeon
Except that he never said he interrupted the molt...

If you can effectively block the source, either with liquid bandaid or superglue, your T should be fine and shouldn't have any trouble on her next molt. The carapace will be the first to go, and the "bandage" will have long since sealed.. We had a fairly bad bite on the abdomen of an MM rosea, lost an awful lot of hemolymph before we were able to find our superglue (oops), and he's still going strong 4 months later.

kylestl

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
This is why people recommend you to leave them alone, especially flighty species like ephebopus.
Please read my post before your going to reply telling me what I did wrong.

Thanks AI. I *think* it sealed but time will tell.

Mammothdog

Arachnopeon
They always pick the weirdest place to molt. I worried my G. Rosea is going to molt on top of her log and she accidentally rolls off. :( I hope your T stops bleeding and she recovers.

Abby

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
After molting I make sure she has access to a water bowl since of mine have bled from the joints, and they drink a lot of water, I'm guessing to recover from fluids.

I hope your baby recovers :(
Please keep us posted.

kylestl

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
After molting I make sure she has access to a water bowl since of mine have bled from the joints, and they drink a lot of water, I'm guessing to recover from fluids.

I hope your baby recovers :(
Please keep us posted.
She seems to be doing fine. I always have water with them too but left untreated she would have died even with water. I think the bleeding is controlled and I will get her out to look Wednesday. Thanks

Kyle

justinherran

Arachnopeon
I would invest in some super glue or liquid band-aid. Hope your T is okay just had a similar problem myself.