Black Widow vs. H. Maculata

Scorpionking20

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Ingar, you are a scientist? What field do you work in?

Also, you should note we are just making hypothesis. Hence, we are asking a question noting behavior and wondering about the behavior. :)

Ingar

Arachnopeon
I'm entomologist. Now I'm going to start phd grade. But I also interested in arachnology. My first T was A. seemanni AF and it died because of my bad transportation - it was 5 years ago. My second T was G. rosea male - he died from DS. Now I keep 24 tarantulas for about 3,5 years - and all of them just fine :) and my collection still groving - onesthly slowly, because it is hard to get interesting species in Latvia.
By the way I thought about that smal moisture gradient on prey's eyes - it's can be reasonable with T's which living in dry conditions :)

pro crastinator

Arachnopeon
I am no expert by any stretch of the imagination, but I have seen my T's hit brown anoles right in the eye more often than not. I have wondered how they do this with supposedly such bad eyesight. There is more to it than just luck from attacking from upside to down IMO. BTW I no longer feed them lizards....

Scorpionking20

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I am no expert by any stretch of the imagination, but I have seen my T's hit brown anoles right in the eye more often than not. I have wondered how they do this with supposedly such bad eyesight. There is more to it than just luck from attacking from upside to down IMO. BTW I no longer feed them lizards....
Indeed! How do they do it? Their reactions are so quick that it's hard to see how they "aim."