Black widow sac L. Mactans

Remery321

Arachnopeon
I have a black widow who has laid two sacs, I dont know when the first was laid as it was with her when she was shipped, but the second was laid on Sunday. The first one has turned a bit darker and has developed a dent in it. Is this indicative that babies will be here any day? Should I cut the sac? Should I be misting for humidity at all? This is my first experience with any egg sac. This is the sac in the original container she was shipped it prior to me moving it. 20200714_090611.jpg

ReignofInvertebrates

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Don’t mist it at all. Sacs generally take a few weeks to hatch. I personally leave mine in the web but maybe you can remove it if you want to. @NYAN has a lot of experience breeding widows.

Remery321

Arachnopeon
Don’t mist it at all. Sacs generally take a few weeks to hatch. I personally leave mine in the web but maybe you can remove it if you want to. @NYAN has a lot of experience breeding widows.
What about the slings when they come out? Are they like tarantulas and need to be kept a little more moist as slings?

NYAN

Arachnoking
Don’t mist the sac or babies. You can either leave it to hatch or open it yourself.