Black. Widow. FEMALE!

GPulchra

Arachnoknight
I woke up today with a huge surprise. I don't know if I'm the happiest person in the world or scared to death. I was greeted by a black, shiny arthropod in a Kritter Keeper. Inside it was a black widow, spinning a web. "That's cool," I thought. I was about to thank my dad for catching me my first true spider...and then I noticed the red hourglass...

Widowman10

Arachno WIDOW
Old Timer
very nice. welcome to the addicting world of widows.

they come in black, red, brown, white, grey, .... :D

chris_vegas

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
You got no reason to be scared, you'd have to be a major retard or majorly unlucky to get tagged by a widow. They're fascinating creatures as widowman said and they can be addictive...

David Burns

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Be careful if she starts making eggsacs. The slings are small and can get thru the tiniest holes.

Vespula

Arachnodemon
I'd love to see it. Sorry you had to get rid of it...:( That stinks.

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
big fat one

a lot of the actual spider workers/authors use poisonous and venomous interchangeably :)

Vespula

Arachnodemon
What a cute little spider!!! She was sooo fat! I'm sad you had to get rid of her!!!

GPulchra

Arachnoknight
What a cute little spider!!! She was sooo fat! I'm sad you had to get rid of her!!!
Unfortunately. Now I have an emptiness in my heart. For the brief moment that I had her, she was so beautiful. Just...spinning a web.

Vespula

Arachnodemon
I know how you feel, trust me. When I was a kid, about 8 yrs old, I found a little Latrodectus mactans on my grandparents' fence. I ran inside, got a jar, and ran back out to catch it. I had no trouble catching it, and I was sooo happy. When I took it back inside to show everyone, There was some screaming and yelling, and despite my protests, it was released.

iluvcreepystuff

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I had a black widow land on my arm 2 days ago and it scared me to death, which is beter then bite me to death lol

Moltar

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
That's too bad your mom didn't let you keep it. Widows have a pretty bad reputation which isn't really warranted. Yes, they are highly venomous but not really life threatening unless you have some other medical issues that can be exacerbated by the venom. More to the point, they are big chickens and they don't bite defensively, they web defensively. They're about as likely to tag you as a typical house spider.

Anyway, it looks like you at least had a nice experience with that widow for the brief period she was with you.

GPulchra

Arachnoknight
They're about as likely to tag you as a typical house spider.
Anyway, it looks like you at least had a nice experience with that widow for the brief period she was with you.
Oh my god, I would have been bitten by a Black Widow, then! (I have over 7 spider bites from last night).
Yes, I really liked the black widow. She was very fat, beautiful, had the most perfect hourglass, and she fit right into her cage.