Black Kritter Keeper alternative.

Valael

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Faunarium by Exo-Terra. Nothing BUT black and they come in the same sizes as Kritter Keepers.

Exo-Terra is quickly becoming my very favorite brand. Their heaters are paper thin, their lights last FOREVER (Seriously, the longest lasting things I've used. ZooMed was my previous brand)

And no, I wasn't paid to advertise about it =p

It's just the petstore in my area had used all ZooMed before, but have become a supplier of Exo-Terra just recently and I haven't been disappointed yet.

I'd almost say this is watering hole material, but I posted to talk about Faunariums for T's since I know a lot of you like the black look.

conipto

ArachnoPrincess
Old Timer
I like the look of those. especially the large, but shallow one with the two openings in the top.

Bill

atavuss

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
cool! can't wait for the pet stores out here on the west coast to start stocking the kritter keeper clones! some of the hides this co. makes look interesting too! thanks for the link!
Ed

carriefrbarrie

Arachnopeon
I can attest to the faunarian being great containers for your T's...its all I use :) I use the large low ones for both my terrestrial and arboreals...if you use it tipped on its side for your arboreals you then have 2 openings so you don't have to disturb any webbing at the top of the tank. The bottom opening is perfect for changing water and you can use the small one at the top to toss crickets in. I had to add a bit of plastic to the bottoms of the arboreal tank to keep the substrate in and add a bit more opportunity for humidity. Good price too and available in Canada...I agree about the lights as well, good company, good products :) =D

Chris

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I am a big fan of the ExoTerra products too! Kudos to Hagan on this new line of lower priced goodies.

The only thing I have to frown upon are the waterfalls... most of the people I talk to have had bad luck with them not working.

Weapon-X

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
sounds really cool, i can't open and read the catalog though, do you know of any other way i can veiw it?--Jeff

Valael

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
download and install Adobe's reader:

http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/product.jsp?product=10&platform=Windows

As for the Waterfalls, I can't say because I don't own one, but the petstore has one set up in a cage with a lizard (Basalisk? Not sure.) and it works (and looks) great, especially with the fogger.

My only real complaint is the price. $20ish for the Waterfall and another $20ish for the pump. And that's just the SMALL waterfall without the fogger.