Black goliath birdeater?

AbraCadaver

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
From what I gather, they can be that colour when they're freshly molted. Then they get gradually lighter.. Or that could be another theraposa species, I can't remember right now.. Hang on, I'll have a dig

Fran

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
That is a Blondi.
The picture and the recent molt can give them that colour...Although is the light mainly.

Terry D

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
+1 with Fran on the available light or angle causing it to look somewhat darker in photo than it is.

BrotherM213

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
yeah i would have to say it had been through a recent molt. here is one of my old girl several days after her molt...not quite as black as that pic, but still pretty dark.
BEFORE MOLT:

After MOLT:

Fran

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Also thats a diff sp. Blondi coloration is a diff.

VinceC

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
yeah i would have to say it had been through a recent molt. here is one of my old girl several days after her molt...not quite as black as that pic, but still pretty dark.
Wow what a difference, hope mine looks as awsome as urs when shes that size! Also i notice ur water is nasty! does urs leave food waist, and poop in her water bowl only as well??? mine only goes in her bowl LOL

Also thats a diff sp. Blondi coloration is a diff.
What do u mean by Sp. ? species?
If so, what types are there? mine is a "burgundy"

Fran

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
What do u mean by Sp. ? species?
If so, what types are there? mine is a "burgundy"
Exactly, "Burgundy" is not blondi, but will be Spinipes. :)

Theraphosa blondi
apophysis
Burgundy=Spinipes

Hamburglar

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Yeah, that photo has a horrible color cast. The greens and blues look to be pushing really hard. That photo could probably be "warmed" up quite a bit with color correction.

Your monitor may vary.

BrotherM213

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Wow what a difference, hope mine looks as awsome as urs when shes that size! Also i notice ur water is nasty! does urs leave food waist, and poop in her water bowl only as well??? mine only goes in her bowl LOL
fresh water. there are some moss bits that fell in the bowl when i was putting it around that side of the tank and the white spots are reflections from the light overhead. and she hadn't eaten in about a month at this point so no food bolus'. but yeah, she would squirt in the bowl quite often. got kinda irritating lol.

VinceC

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
fresh water. there are some moss bits that fell in the bowl when i was putting it around that side of the tank and the white spots are reflections from the light overhead. and she hadn't eaten in about a month at this point so no food bolus'. but yeah, she would squirt in the bowl quite often. got kinda irritating lol.
Oh i see, the bottom of the bowl is brown LOL, i thought the water was thick and chocolate milk color, but now i see its transparent .. my bad :wall: