User biteybitey's Tarantula Pictures

biteybitey

Arachnopeon
I just want to share some of my collection here and I will be updating the thread every now and then. I only started collecting for a little over 6 months and now I have 30+ Ts, it’s true that this hobby is addictive 😌

I still have more Ts to post and enclosures I need to set up, I will be posting them as soon as they are done

IMG_4431.jpeg

My 2.5inch hp displaying her colors

Last edited by a moderator:

biteybitey

Arachnopeon
My gbb is in there I promise, she’s only been there for two weeks. Will take new photos when I catch her out and update here
IMG_4449.jpeg

Munching on a huge dubia
IMG_4142.jpeg

Last edited:

biteybitey

Arachnopeon
IMG_5024.jpeg I just built this background for my 4+ inch genic.

IMG_5053.jpeg Trying to get the jungle vibes. Enclosure is 10x10x16 inches

IMG_5060.jpeg Here she is enjoying her big dubia roach.
Also spot the easter island statue

Last edited:

biteybitey

Arachnopeon
Just a collection of photos after I added lights to my rack.

My Fem Geniculata’s jungle. She started to renovate already

IMG_5378.jpeg

My female G. Rosea

IMG_5386.jpeg

Hp and gbb enclosures

IMG_5525.jpeg

This versicolor just molted and needs a rehouse soon. Got adult colors now

IMG_5531.jpeg

These Seemanni slings really take their time to grow don’t they. I got them when I started collecting and they are still just above 1 inch

IMG_5533.jpeg

This fem gbb won’t last in this 7x7x7 enclosure for sure

IMG_5534.jpeg

Newly molted fem HP hiding away in her burrow. Most of the time she is out 🤷🏻‍♂️

IMG_5535.jpeg

MF m. Balfouri still waiting to web up this new enclosure. Been two weeks already ⏳

IMG_5537.jpeg

Uninhabited skull enclosure. Waiting for an OBT? Or just transfer the female HP

IMG_5538.jpeg

My other versicolor hiding. This is the one that might be female 🤞

IMG_5546.jpeg

Last edited:

biteybitey

Arachnopeon
IMG_5851.jpeg IMG_5850.jpeg
Had to makeover this enclosure to include a hide for my mf m.balf. I think we both are liking it more now 😁

biteybitey

Arachnopeon
Next enclosure projects will be these two Af P.met and AF H.P. Got these two from a trade and they have only been in these temporary enclosures for less that two weeks 👍🏼

IMG_6208.jpeg IMG_6206.jpeg

Last edited:

biteybitey

Arachnopeon
My DIY background for my P. Metallica.
I will update with pics as soon as I’m done with my project. 16x10 inch
IMG_6317.jpeg

biteybitey

Arachnopeon
Nice work! Beautiful enclosures.

And of course beautiful T’s to live in them!
I appreciate the nice words man. I like doing setups like these because I like to display my enclosures too and not just the Ts inside. Most of the time the entire setup is more expensive than the T itself but it’s okay since I enjoy both equally :)

IntermittentSygnal

Arachnotic
Arachnosupporter +
It’s an art installation. Displaying the T in a beautiful, naturalistic environment creates that feeling of looking in a cube cut from nature. I strive for that, too, though I’m not as advanced yet. My current T’s are still juvies and sub adults, but when they get to their adult homes, that’s what I’m aiming for.

biteybitey

Arachnopeon
It’s an art installation. Displaying the T in a beautiful, naturalistic environment creates that feeling of looking in a cube cut from nature. I strive for that, too, though I’m not as advanced yet. My current T’s are still juvies and sub adults, but when they get to their adult homes, that’s what I’m aiming for.
I’m new too, going one year if I remember correctly but I have experience with aquarium setups since I am a longtime fishkeeper. With T’s I only plan to keep what I can display in nice enclosures since I have limited space and I might get evicted by my wifey 😅

IMG_6363.jpeg IMG_6364.jpeg IMG_6365.jpeg IMG_6373.jpeg

IntermittentSygnal

Arachnotic
Arachnosupporter +
Same here with the space and limiter, although mine is my daughter, lol. My 7 are all displayed as well (in my living room..they also help me test out any boyfriends she brings to meet me, lol), and as I’m not a home owner, keeping in mind having to move all my beloved T’s some day.

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
I’m new too, going one year if I remember correctly but I have experience with aquarium setups since I am a longtime fishkeeper. With T’s I only plan to keep what I can display in nice enclosures since I have limited space and I might get evicted by my wifey 😅

View attachment 446955 View attachment 446956 View attachment 446957 View attachment 446958
Do you build these enclosures? Very nice collection . My only p Metallica got dks rip. Don’t know if I even got a picture of it my laptop broke . Spectacular colors ! :astonished:

biteybitey

Arachnopeon
Same here with the space and limiter, although mine is my daughter, lol. My 7 are all displayed as well (in my living room..they also help me test out any boyfriends she brings to meet me, lol), and as I’m not a home owner, keeping in mind having to move all my beloved T’s some day.
I got a 4 year old daughter, she likes creepy crawlies too like me. It’s my wife who I will have problems with if my collection got bigger. I got rid of most of my male T’s now to give way to the sure females 😅

Do you build these enclosures? Very nice collection . My only p Metallica got dks rip. Don’t know if I even got a picture of it my laptop broke . Spectacular colors ! :astonished:
Thanks! The setups are all made by me but the enclosures were all made by our local enclosure builder. Sorry for your loss, they are a pretty species. Get one again?