Bites from (possibly mites) since i rehoused my T's

Neoza

Arachnobaron
Hello everyone, I recently rehoused my T's to my new apartment. Since i rehoused them me and my girlfriend have several bites en our skin itches al the time, we can also feel them crawling on us but we cant see them. Is it possible that some invisible mites who were in the T's terrariums spread over the apartment and are biting us?? The enclosures of the T's are dry so it would be really weird that that was the cause.

Another cause can be a blanket that i took from my parents home. My mom has 2 birds, so maybe there were some birdmites in the blanket. Back at home i had the same bites. Somebody advice or same experience?

(picture of bites/exceem)

Greetings

Attachments

Last edited:

Estein

Arachnoknight
Kind of looks like bedbugs to me too with the bites in a line like that. Is that area exposed when you sleep? Bedbugs retreat into hiding during the day so it's possible that you'd never see them even if you were looking. I've known someone who had bites like this and finally found the bedbugs after bringing a dog in to sniff--the bedbugs were hiding in the bed's screw holes in the spaces between the screw threads and the wood.

dopamine

Arachnobaron
Kind of looks like bedbugs to me too with the bites in a line like that. Is that area exposed when you sleep? Bedbugs retreat into hiding during the day so it's possible that you'd never see them even if you were looking. I've known someone who had bites like this and finally found the bedbugs after bringing a dog in to sniff--the bedbugs were hiding in the bed's screw holes in the spaces between the screw threads and the wood.
Agreed you won't see bed bugs unless you've got a full blown infestation. They're devilishly adept at hiding during the day.

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
Could be anything.. Mites. Dustmites, Bedbugs, reaction to soaps or washing detergents..

I doubt the kind of mites that effect Ts would effect you. They thrive in Warm damp and dark conditions.. They are also visible wouldnt last long unless your bedroom was like Shreks swamp.

My guess is a slight allergic reaction to something else.. though I am not a doctor nor dermatologist heheh:rolleyes:

Neoza

Arachnobaron
From what i've read on internet the symptoms doesnt match with bedbugs. We have the feeling of things crawling on us but don't see them, bedbugs are also pretty big (in comparison with mites). Bedbugs only bite at night, and we get bitten during day, evening en night. It looks indeed more like an allergic reaction to something. Maybe to dustmites? although i'm glad it hasnt anything to do with my T's!

The tricky thing is that we cant spray chemical products because of the T's. The studio were we live in is like 1 whole room, so we cant put them in another room :eek:

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
Could be dustmites ...Dry out your rooms and hoover and clean everywhere. leave windows open and air out your home.

make sure all food remains are disposed of. Was clothes and bedsheets at 60C

Neoza

Arachnobaron
Could be dustmites ...Dry out your rooms and hoover and clean everywhere. leave windows open and air out your home.

make sure all food remains are disposed of. Was clothes and bedsheets at 60C
Everything is made out if wood here, even the floor, so it is quite dry here. And indeed, we will vacuum 2 times a day and clean the room with chloorwater. Thx for helping!

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Ah... no need for that :)

After a while & hundred and hundreds of bites delivered by those night-stalkers you guys will get used to those. Wish to had bed bugs and such when I was a little kid, alone, to keep me company instead of imaginary friends :troll:

Estein

Arachnoknight
Ah... no need for that :)

After a while & hundred and hundreds of bites delivered by those night-stalkers you guys will get used to those. Wish to had bed bugs and such when I was a little kid, alone, to keep me company instead of imaginary friends :troll:
Whoa man, I don't think your imaginary friends would appreciate you talking like that. ;)

G. pulchra

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Your asking the community to diagnose a phantom bug (which you say is biting you during the day but you have never seen it), yet you have shot down several ideas to try and help.

What exactly do you expect from this thread?

Blue Jaye

Arachnobaron
Mites that inhabit t enclosures aren't the type of mites that bite mammals. Most prevalent would be bird mites (red mites) and are extremely hard to see until adult stages. And they will bite you and make you itch. But they don't survive long without a host. I've experienced this a lot as I worked with birds for many years. It is more than likely you are dealing with bed bugs that were probably in the place you moved into. Much more likely than you brought something with you.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Whoa man, I don't think your imaginary friends would appreciate you talking like that. ;)
Well, I'm not anymore a brat, I'm almost 40 (37 to be honest) yet occasionally jumps out from the "memory drawer" a Teddy Bear with one eye bigger than the other, pissed off because I tend to forgot him.

"I was your friend, you soulless brute..." he said once, while cleaning his heroin "sword" into a grapefruit. Things that happens :-s

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
Everything is made out if wood here, even the floor, so it is quite dry here. And indeed, we will vacuum 2 times a day and clean the room with chloorwater. Thx for helping!
Are there other animals besides tarantula and birds? It could be fleas as well.