Birthday Scorpion :D

Stugy

Arachnolord
Yesterday was my birthday but my family really didn't do much (my fault since I'm so **** boring xD). So today my dad took me over to Pet Kingdom (they don't do shipping. you gotta go there yourself but they have mostly Ts :/). I was planning to get my first T but when my dad saw the Curly Hairs he immediately said "Screw that! Hell no. You aren't getting one of those until you leave the house." Lol I know I'm going get one anyways one day. Besides, the curly hairs were like $50 :/ They were ok size but still huge compared to normal spiders. Anyways, all PK had today were some kind of "Dwarf Scorpions" which were indeed tiny scorpions that were obviously scorplings but meh. I couldn't identify them myself. There were some AFS and then the lady said there were Desert Hairys. So I got a nice female which is in fact my 3rd scorpion and the largest I've ever had! While the guy (employee) was sexing her, she actually pinched him and almost tagged him xD. You should've seen my dad's face in horror. That was great. I will post some pics of Vici. I named here Vici since my first scorpion, Veni the AFS. Then came Vidi the Parabuthus schlecteri. Now Vici the Hadrurus sp. ????.

chanda

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Huh... That is interesting that your dad is ok with you having a highly venomous scorpion (Parabuthus schlechteri), but is not ok with a relatively harmless tarantula! Anyway, happy birthday! I'm sure you'll enjoy Vici. I love watching my Hadrurus arizonensis when she comes out at night.

Stugy

Arachnolord
Huh... That is interesting that your dad is ok with you having a highly venomous scorpion (Parabuthus schlechteri), but is not ok with a relatively harmless tarantula! Anyway, happy birthday! I'm sure you'll enjoy Vici. I love watching my Hadrurus arizonensis when she comes out at night.
hahaha my dad doesn't think my Parabuthus isn't very scary. He is terrified of big spiders though. :p I'll secretly buy a T on the internet one day xD.

WeightedAbyss75

Arachnoangel
hahaha my dad doesn't think my Parabuthus isn't very scary. He is terrified of big spiders though. :p I'll secretly buy a T on the internet one day xD.
Best part is, when it comes in and your dad says "I thought I told you no big spiders!?" you say "alright, then you get rid of him". Full proof ;) Hope your new scorp does well for you, love Hadrurus sp. :D

Stugy

Arachnolord
Best part is, when it comes in and your dad says "I thought I told you no big spiders!?" you say "alright, then you get rid of him". Full proof ;) Hope your new scorp does well for you, love Hadrurus sp. :D
Yeah I'll totally do that. Vidi and Vici's new enclosures are drying out. My first time using Excavator :/. Pics will be in shortly.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Ah ah, not even mention that you own a (if I'm not wrong) S.terrosus that, while no defensive at all, carry a powerful venom that all we know about are legends :-s

High Five

Stugy

Arachnolord
Wut 163.JPG Vici during temporary rehousing. Wut 165.JPG Vici's new enclosure using cork bark, Japanese WWII .30 Caliber bullets and Excavator clay Wut 166.JPG Vidi's new enclosure using same materials but without bullets. Cap is of C.C. Lemon soda (Japanese soda)
Wut 163.JPG Oops too lazy to delete. I don't even know how this is here Wut 165.JPG wat, why is this here again. dumb glitches Wut 166.JPG stahp AB. I didn't reupload this Wut 167.JPG Vici in her temporary enclosure. All she's doing is making herself claustrophobic Wut 168.JPG
She's scary. I compared her to Veni the AFS and Vici is actually larger :p Wut 169.JPG Vidi playing with some mealworms. "HELP WTF" -Mealworm #1 Wut 170.JPG "Lol why am I here" -Vidi
And yes. I do own a Sicarius :p I'm not sure about terrosus though. I got her (i assume since everything i have are females :/) as a sp.Chile. And Chile is teeming with Sicarius species. Oh yeah. These pictures are using my new iPhone SE :p My dad felt generous as hell and got me and my sister one xD. Pictures are so much better than my Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime imo.

Attachments

WeightedAbyss75

Arachnoangel
View attachment 226258 Vici during temporary rehousing. View attachment 226259 Vici's new enclosure using cork bark, Japanese WWII .30 Caliber bullets and Excavator clay View attachment 226261 Vidi's new enclosure using same materials but without bullets. Cap is of C.C. Lemon soda (Japanese soda)
View attachment 226258 Oops too lazy to delete. I don't even know how this is here View attachment 226259 wat, why is this here again. dumb glitches View attachment 226261 stahp AB. I didn't reupload this View attachment 226262 Vici in her temporary enclosure. All she's doing is making herself claustrophobic View attachment 226263
She's scary. I compared her to Veni the AFS and Vici is actually larger :p View attachment 226264 Vidi playing with some mealworms. "HELP WTF" -Mealworm #1 View attachment 226265 "Lol why am I here" -Vidi
And yes. I do own a Sicarius :p I'm not sure about terrosus though. I got her (i assume since everything i have are females :/) as a sp.Chile. And Chile is teeming with Sicarius species. Oh yeah. These pictures are using my new iPhone SE :p My dad felt generous as hell and got me and my sister one xD. Pictures are so much better than my Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime imo.
Love the setups! Shame you couldn't use the bullets, could have had a Japanese war themed tank ;) On another note, beautiful scorp you picked up :D Want one of those myself, but I need to find an adult. Setup looks great, although personally I would add more sub to burrow in. They do love to dig big, long burrows in that type of clay :) Also, just a lol to Arachnoboards, for the quality file uploads :rofl: Btw, is it an adult? I hear juvies and slings have molting issues...

Stugy

Arachnolord
Love the setups! Shame you couldn't use the bullets, could have had a Japanese war themed tank ;) On another note, beautiful scorp you picked up :D Want one of those myself, but I need to find an adult. Setup looks great, although personally I would add more sub to burrow in. They do love to dig big, long burrows in that type of clay :) Also, just a lol to Arachnoboards, for the quality file uploads :rofl: Btw, is it an adult? I hear juvies and slings have molting issues...
Not sure if she is an adult. The guy at the store said she wasn't fully grown but she is HUGE. Biggest scorpion I've ever seen. I was planning to add more substrate but I don't exactly have much in the first place :/. The amount there should be enough to keep her happy anyways. My next series of scorps will be named after the Yamato Trio! The Yamato! The Musashi! The Shinano! Muahahaha. Or I might name the Trio to some other inverts. Maybe to my unnamed Sicarius. It is settled! I shall name my true spiders after the Trio!
220px-Yamato_during_Trial_Service.jpg Yamato
Japanese_battleship_Musashi_cropped.jpg Mushashi
220px-Shinano_photo.jpg Shinano

Last edited:

Stugy

Arachnolord
lel nvm. I think I'm gonna do the Yamato trio with Ts :/ I've already figured which T I want first. When my dad gets home I'm gonna give it a try and ask him. If he says no then the trio name will revert back to true spiders. (I already made an attempt to convince my mom to buy me a T but failed because she just can't do that behind my dad's back yadayadayada).

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
Hopefully you are not removing the scorpion to feed it as that picture with it inside a plastic tub with meal worms is suggesting.

Stugy

Arachnolord
I don't remove it for feeding. I just had to give both of my scorpions temporary enclosures while their new ones dry. The Parabuthus is in her new enclosure now. Still waiting for my DHS though :/. My DHS is living in a critter keeper right now so she's also fine right now. I think I'm gonna introduce her to her new enclosure tomorrow.