Bioactive for scorpions?

Mothmane

Arachnopeon
Hey guys! First post here although i have used this forum for info in the past. I just want to know if anyone has made their pandinus imperator enclosures completely bioactive?

I do have springtails in the enclosure already but i want to add a false bottom drainage layer, isopods and a few live plants.

If anyone has a picture of their bioactive set up for theirs i would love to see it! Also would the scorpion eat the isopods? Are isopods even a good idea for his enclosure?
And finally what are some safe plants i could get that he wont just rip out of the ground or completely demolish?

basement pets

Arachnosquire
The Bio Dude has a emperor scorpion bioactive kit. I have ordered from them before and would definitely recommend it! I don't personally have mine set up in a bioactive enclosure as he/she is still not fully grown but, once he is full grown I probably will use a bioactive enclosure. I would personally not use a drainage layer knowing that they could burrow down and disrupt it as my vinegaroon did with his until I removed it. I would avoid isopods and just stick with springtails as I have heard of a few times that when there were too many isopods, they ate the molting scorpion. Here is the link to The Bio Dudes kit

Mothmane

Arachnopeon
The Bio Dude has a emperor scorpion bioactive kit. I have ordered from them before and would definitely recommend it! I don't personally have mine set up in a bioactive enclosure as he/she is still not fully grown but, once he is full grown I probably will use a bioactive enclosure. I would personally not use a drainage layer knowing that they could burrow down and disrupt it as my vinegaroon did with his until I removed it. I would avoid isopods and just stick with springtails as I have heard of a few times that when there were too many isopods, they ate the molting scorpion. Here is the link to The Bio Dudes kit
Awesome thank you! And yea true ill likely just look for live plants then! I might order that kit not entirely sure

basement pets

Arachnosquire
I recently ordered a Bio Dude kit for my hermit crabs and my tree frog and all of the plants and materials came in perfect condition

NMWAPBT

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I've also heard of isopods killing and eating freshly molted scorpions I'd avoid them. Springtails work great in use them in all my non desert scorpion enclosures and have had no issues.

MrTwister

Arachnoknight
I would avoid clay balls for the false bottom and use “eggcrate” instead. My scorp dug all the way to bottom and threw the clay balls all over.

Taysha

Arachnosquire
I would avoid isopods and just stick with springtails as I have heard of a few times that when there were too many isopods, they ate the molting scorpion. Here is the link to The Bio Dudes kit
I second this, i keep several species of isopods and would not trust them around anything that molted. I've seen a vulgare for example eat injured but living isopods of other species, and newly born nymphs. I would not trust them around a vulnerable scorpion.

Mothmane

Arachnopeon
Awesome thanks for the info everyone! New question i lost 2 mealworms in the scorpion enclosure, should i tear it apart and find them? Or is it safe to assume that hell find them and eat them before they can cause any damage. I dont think hes in premolt or anything so. Ik if i see them im going to pull them out but i really dont want to tear apart the enclosure

Lubed Tweezer

Arachnolord
If it's just 1 or 2 i usually don't bother because the enclosure is bioactive. Of course getting them out is the safest option (considering mites).
The mealworms will die or go into a cocoon to transform into a beetle.
I'm not familiar with that 'Dude' kit, but i guess it also contains white springtales which helps.

Mothmane

Arachnopeon
If it's just 1 or 2 i usually don't bother because the enclosure is bioactive. Of course getting them out is the safest option (considering mites).
The mealworms will die or go into a cocoon to transform into a beetle.
I'm not familiar with that 'Dude' kit, but i guess it also contains white springtales which helps.
i have added springtails. Ill just be sure to keep an eye out to make sure hes not molting or anything until they die or turn into beatles and i can scoop them out easily