Bioactive enclosure

Fuzzhead

Arachnopeon
I made this euro style enclosure out of glass. It’s bio active with arid isopods and springtails, drought resistant plants and substrate from the bio dude... the sand and gravel are just on the very sides for esthetics the center is 4 inches deep in substrate, the enclosure is 9 inches to the top from the substrate, and she is 6 inches. She seems to be really happy and is eating well and webbing and digging in the back where I started her tunnel. 07E2FAC3-E761-4525-A889-310B39FAEED7.jpeg

Arthroverts

Arachnoking
Nice! What species of plants do you have in there, do you know?

Thanks,

Arthroverts

Arthroverts

Arachnoking
Wow, you got some good deals on those plants.
Just was looking back and saw it's made out of glass. Not too many people will go through the hassle of cutting and gluing the glass, impressive!

Thanks,

Arthroverts

Fuzzhead

Arachnopeon
Just was looking back and saw it's made out of glass. Not too many people will go through the hassle of cutting and gluing the glass, impressive!

Thanks,

Arthroverts
Thank you! It was a lot of work but now I know what I’m doing I’m definitely going to make more. I’m a wood worker so I’m used to designing things. I think I’ll post the blueprint.

Arthroverts

Arachnoking
Thank you! It was a lot of work but now I know what I’m doing I’m definitely going to make more. I’m a wood worker so I’m used to designing things. I think I’ll post the blueprint.
Gotcha. How big is the tank itself?

Thanks,

Arthroverts

Thefiddlinkeeper

Arachnopeon
I used to get a lot of my friends old fish tanks that they didn’t want and cut them up and reuse the glass. Just got to be careful cause sometimes the bottom pane is tempered glass.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
This is a gorgeous setup. Rare to see this from someone in the USA compared to Europeans for the T hobby, unless perhaps you are transplant?

Impressive to see someone do their own glass work, really impressive. If you make some more please do post.

What do you have living below?
What's your Avics setup look like?
What thickness for the glass pieces?

Very nice.

Last edited:

Fuzzhead

Arachnopeon
This is a gorgeous setup. Rare to see this from someone in the USA compared to Europeans for the T hobby, unless perhaps you are transplant?

Impressive to see someone do their own glass work, really impressive. If you make some more please do post.

What do you have living below?
What's your Avics setup look like?
What thickness for the glass pieces?

Very nice.
Thank you so much for your response. I’m not a transplant I’m from WV in live in LA currently and miss nature. And did a lot of research and was inspired by all the Euro enclosures I saw. Below the tank is a g. Pulcra juvenile and a p. Sazimai juvenile. I’m going to work on their enclosures next. My Asics. Set up is kinda boring because she has it all webbed up and I don’t have the heart to rehouse her as she seems happy. The glass is untempered 1/4 inch thick, and i used clear aquarium silicone, and 1/4 inch u and L track. She seems to really appreciate the textures in the tank and has done a lot of digging and webbing my other brachypelmas don’t. I’m going to eventually do this for all my set ups.

Fuzzhead

Arachnopeon

Thanks,

Arthroverts
I got them at mountain crest gardens online and had them shipped. They were really healthy too.

Vanisher

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Thank you so much for your response. I’m not a transplant I’m from WV in live in LA currently and miss nature. And did a lot of research and was inspired by all the Euro enclosures I saw. Below the tank is a g. Pulcra juvenile and a p. Sazimai juvenile. I’m going to work on their enclosures next. My Asics. Set up is kinda boring because she has it all webbed up and I don’t have the heart to rehouse her as she seems happy. The glass is untempered 1/4 inch thick, and i used clear aquarium silicone, and 1/4 inch u and L track. She seems to really appreciate the textures in the tank and has done a lot of digging and webbing my other brachypelmas don’t. I’m going to eventually do this for all my set ups.
I have done many glassenclosures.using glasspanels and silicon rubber. I often used 3 milimeter glasspanels. I like your tank. Good work. But i builded top-opend enclosures for terrestrial spiders and front opend for arboreals

Dorifto

He who moists xD
Really nice setup!!

Where did you source the background driftwood?

Fuzzhead

Arachnopeon
Really nice setup!!

Where did you source the background driftwood?
On Etsy. But I think I’m going to start making them to sell, so I need to find a cheaper source. It’s just nice because you can see the pieces before you buy them on line. Because how they are shaped makes a big difference to the look of the enclosure.

Dorifto

He who moists xD
Thanks!!!

Here etsy prices are.... Ummm a little bit unreal.

I use the storm method. Wait a big storm, then I search them in the beach, or in the river. XD

Fuzzhead

Arachnopeon
Thanks!!!

Here etsy prices are.... Ummm a little bit unreal.

I use the storm method. Wait a big storm, then I search them in the beach, or in the river. XD
Yes. Lol much preferred. But it’s a pandemic and I had an itch to create lol.

Alien_Regalis

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
This is very nice, I'm going to try something like this myself here very soon. I'm only putting it off because I am moving very soon. I love it, great job!