Biggest packn challenge yet

redrumpslump

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
So tomorrow I gotta pack a couple 3" obts. This is the first time Ive packed such a defensive t. I'm hoping I they will go straight in the cup like all the other tarantulas I've shipped. If not I'm sure all hell will break out lol. I'm packing in the bathtub so hopefully that helps. Any advice will gladly be taken.

Matt

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Take a bottle.. Cut the bottom out.. Drill a hole in the bottle cap..

You can catch the T in the bottle.. Put the bottom of the bottle over the container you are packing it in.. Slide something in the hole that was drilled in the cap to convince the T to go down..

Works perfectly for me..

briarpatch10

Arachnosquire
Brilliant

Take a bottle.. Cut the bottom out.. Drill a hole in the bottle cap..

You can catch the T in the bottle.. Put the bottom of the bottle over the container you are packing it in.. Slide something in the hole that was drilled in the cap to convince the T to go down..

Works perfectly for me..
Dude! I would have never thought of that ...BRILLIANT!

Offkillter

Arachnosquire
If your worried about the T bolting and taking up permanent residence in your house you might consider packing the T outside.That way if it does get loose it can just run around and hopefully tire itself out a little giving you a chance to get your bearings.What ever you do good luck!

MOBugGuy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
It aint that hard to get them in to cups I put a the cup at the end of one tunnel an use sticks an stab through the tunnel an ad more until he gets to the cup and forcing him out that way works for even burrows without distroying anything.

NikiP

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
When they get bigger, they make some pretty cool tapping noises as they do laps around the tub :D:D

Abby

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I've also used party hat to make Ts go into their shipping vial.

I just cut the opening at the tip big enough as I need it :)

redrumpslump

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Thanks for the advice guys. Hopefully I won't be posting a bite report tomorrow lol.

Matt

redrumpslump

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
All went well. One decided to bolt up the wall but after that went straight in the shipping container.

Matt

Hentzi

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I usaualy just get a toilet roll plug one end with toilet paper place the open end over the T plug other end with toilet paper, then put in a packed out cricket tub never had any issues.