Big T order!!!

alidpayne

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I just placed a big order (actually two!) and had to share my excitement. These are actually the birthday T's my husband (spiderfood) has been bragging about for a while now. I finally ordered them for him (ha ha... for him, who am I kidding?? =D ) today.

From Kelly Swift http://www.swiftinverts.com/
I got him:

1 P. ornata 1"+ sling
1 P. fasciata 1"+ sling
1 A. versicolor 1/2" sling
1 C. cyaneopubescens 1" sling

From Chris Young http://www.krazy8sinvertebrates.com

1 A. metallica 1.5" sling
1 B. boehmei .75" sling
and two more creepy crawlies that I can't post here because they are a surprise for him and he doesn't know what they are.

The whole gang will be ariving Tuesday, so expect to see him here gushing. I can't wait. I've been drooling over the versi, the GBB and the A. metallica for EVER! I'm just excited and had to share!

Ali

rob

Got Inverts?
Old Timer
Nice order...

Starting off with a bang. Nice selection! Don't forget the pics.:)

MizM

Arachnoprincess
Old Timer
GBB and the A. metallica [/B]

I already got my GBB, she's gorgeous, but I'm jealous of the A. metallica.... one of these days I'll be able to get one!!

Congrats on your new kids!

alidpayne

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Well, this order will bring our head count to 19, plus Kelly always throws in a freebie. So our grand total will be twenty as of tuesday.

And I have been wanting that a. metallica for a VERY long time as well. I finally just bit the bullet and got it. It was only $35.

Ali

D-Man

Arachnochicano
Old Timer
I'm hurtin' to buy

Nice order.....spiderfood's a lucky guy. Congrats and have fun.

vulpina

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Tell the hubby congrats on the new slings!! I need a wife like you, my fiance always says , you have enough of those things don't you!! I just feign stupidity and sneak in an order here and there. What's crazy is she can never have enough Yankee Candles, but I have enough T's. SpiderFood is lucky!! Congrats!!

Andy

dennis

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Originally posted by alidpayne
And I have been wanting that a. metallica for a VERY long time as well. I finally just bit the bullet and got it. It was only $35.
Wow, I hope it was a sub-adult female then... I paid €3.50 for my 3/4" sling...

Dennis

JDK

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
YAAAAAAA that order. Congrats on buying stuff.

alidpayne

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Originally posted by dennie
Wow, I hope it was a sub-adult female then... I paid €3.50 for my 3/4" sling...

Dennis
Nope, it is a 1.5" sling

€3.50? I am not sure what exactly that works out to in U.S. Dollars, sounds pretty cheap though. They are $25-$35 everywhere I have found them in the U.S. Never seen anyone with a sub-adult female, but Todd Gearheart (tarantulaspiders.com) has a couple of adult females for $175 each.

Maybe these are a lot more common and easy to get in Holland?

Ali

Slide

Arachnosquire
Old Timer

€3.50? I am not sure what exactly that works out to in U.S. Dollars, sounds pretty cheap though.
€3.50 is about USD3.50. The market fluctuates a bit, but it's usually about one US per €, give or take a few cents.

Code Monkey

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
I just placed a big order (actually two!) and had to share my excitement.
Hey, congrats as others have said, it's always nice to get new bugs.

But, I'd just like to add that we can tell you're relatively new: 4Ts@ does not constitue a BIG order ;P

When you find yourself ordering them by the dozen lot - then you'll know the order is big and the addiction is strong :D

alidpayne

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Actually it was 8 not 4, and yes, I know there are you crazy people that order TONS at a time. And I would love to, but my wallet would not be pleased.

If I could afford it I would have ordered a LOT more. Don't worry. ;)

Ali

Code Monkey

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Actually it was 8 not 4
I know that's what 4Ts@ translated to.

I have the opposite rationale: I can't justify the shipping for only 4 Ts on an order - but if you up it to 9 or 10, you get the shipping down to about $2.50@ and, hey, that's a great bargain for the wallet.

alidpayne

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Originally posted by Code Monkey
I know that's what 4Ts@ translated to.

I have the opposite rationale: I can't justify the shipping for only 4 Ts on an order - but if you up it to 9 or 10, you get the shipping down to about $2.50@ and, hey, that's a great bargain for the wallet.

LOL:D I wish I had a wallet big enough to start using your rationale. It was a horrible shipping arrangement for this order though. I had to order from two different places to get all the T's I wanted, and it cost me out the wazzoo for shipping. But it was worth it since it is his birthday present.

It wouln't have been nearly as bad if I had gotten them all at one place, but of course it never works out the cheapest way does it?

I suppose I should move to Holland where the A. metallica cost under four bucks and then I will REALLY save money....=D
I am so jealous Dennis.. lucky dog.

Ali