*BIG* T. blondi!!

SkyeSpider

Spider Queen
Old Timer
Wow! To think this guy was only 1" when I got him. He's pushing about 9" now (I'm not about to try and measure him accurately). I fed him a full grown mouse yesterday and got some great shots of him eatting! Enjoy :)

-Bryan

JacenBeers

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Was the mous elive when you fed it to the spider? That is pretty crazy watching large spiders kill large mice.

Tarantula Lover

Psalmopoeus Lover
Old Timer
hey

nice blondi, i am getting one in a few days! nice pic! it will be 2" i cant wait! any suggestions? When mine frows 8-9" isa allowed to be fed live mice? thanks,

James

SkyeSpider

Spider Queen
Old Timer
Originally posted by JacenBeers
Was the mous elive when you fed it to the spider? That is pretty crazy watching large spiders kill large mice.
Yup. It was live. I have an easier time letting the spiders kill their prey than killing it myself or dealing with pre-killed.

-Bryan

ArachnoJoost

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Originally posted by TheEternal
I'm not about to try and measure him accurately
That makes sense since you also didn't remove the molt from the tank...;) :D

SkyeSpider

Spider Queen
Old Timer
I save the molts, actually. I'm waiting to get that one out until I have something to mount it on (with his other ones dating back to Febuary). I'll admit, though: I am being lazy about taking it out ;)

schlinkey

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I do have a parahybana for a huge sp... but it seems that a blondi would be nice to have as well.. any other folks who really reccomend em?

King_Looey

Arachnoprimate
Old Timer
They are hard to raise, and expensive. But worth it if they survive to a decent size.

Botar

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I recommend them. For the "Big Hairy Spider" category, they can't be beat. Once you get the housing down, they seem pretty hardy. Mine is a male and about 7" now. I'm hoping he'll mature with his next molt so I can send him on the "love tour".

Botar

King_Looey

Arachnoprimate
Old Timer
Most people make the mistake of not keeping them hot and humid enough, they can die in molt if you dont get this sorted. Thanks fully i got some great advice here, and my juvie is lively and thriving.

Dasgre0g

Arachnopeon
Originally posted by Botar
I recommend them. For the "Big Hairy Spider" category, they can't be beat. Once you get the housing down, they seem pretty hardy. Mine is a male and about 7" now. I'm hoping he'll mature with his next molt so I can send him on the "love tour".

Botar

Heheh. I still want first dibs! I have another LARGE female on the way right now.

SkyeSpider

Spider Queen
Old Timer
Originally posted by Botar

Botar
Mine was 7" before he molted to 9". Still not mature. It'll probably be two more molts for you, too.

-Bryan

Botar

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Eternal,

He's been roughly 3 to 4 months between molts. Is that what you are still experiencing with yours, or do I need to look a bit further down the road for maturation?

Botar

SkyeSpider

Spider Queen
Old Timer
Yeah, mine's doing about 3 months in between molts, now. He just molted to 9" a couple weeks ago. I suspect it may be a while before you get a big boy, ready for his trip. I'm waiting on the same thing, actually. I could have sworn it would have been this molt ;)

-Bryan

Phillip

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
hey Botar....

Keep me in mind when he matures out and you get ready to pimp him. Marge has been looking for a male for some time now. :)

Phil

Botar

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Dasgre0g has already got dibs on him for first go-round. I think he's got more than one. I'd be happy to have him sent on to you if he survives. Once the time comes, I'll post here and see what we can come up with. As far as that goes, I'll be posting and shipping any males I have that mature. I sent Galeogirl my male G. rosea. Although we don't really have any results yet, at least he gets to do what he was meant to do.

Botar

Gillian

Arachnoblessed
Old Timer
Bryan,
VERY nice! Mine is still a largish juvie. Last I had it sexed, it was 70% chance of being a male. I have a bigger molt this time, so we'll see. Truly awesome t's. I throw cricks at mine, and he will catch them.

Peace,
Gillian