Big Snake Problems

BigSam

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Oh man, My male ball python threw up his this big rat!!!!!! He was almost done with eating this rat then all of a sudden the rat goes backwards and came out. GGGGGGGRRRRRROOOOOOOSSSSSSEEEEE.what do I do ??? when should I feed again ?? and most of all what do I do to keep this from happening cuz that was really GROSE....... Ok Bry, you where right.

Sam,

Phillip

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Having not seen the rat...

Assuming also that the temps are high enough etc. my blind stab guess would be you chose a rat larger than what it wanted but it not completely swallowing and the regurging. If this is the case ( as in a rat say more than twice as wide as the snakes head and in some cases smaller as some snakes just prefer smaller prey ) give it a week or two and then try again with a smaller food item.

Phil

wayneo

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
It is also possible it felt threatened in some way and regurgitated the rat it case it had to defend itself or move faster. Many years ago I had a boa constrictor that when it started swallowing its prey I could not go near the cage because it would regurgitate the rat.

Wayne H