Big Beginner Pede

Scorpio420

Arachnosquire
Hey guys. I know I am going back and forth on my choice for a centipede, but new problems keep arising. I'm looking for a pede, that is 5 inches or more. Preferably not a desert pede. Also I can't have a venom strong enough to kill my cat if it escapes. It has to be readily available and under $50. Thanks!

Scorpio420

Arachnosquire
why no desert pede? What country do you live in?
I live in california. The reason I don't want a desert pede is because I have a terrarium already set up, and was wondering what to put in it. it has zebra isopods in eco earth, leaves, and sphagnum moss.

Scorpio420

Arachnosquire
but maybe it could live on the dry side of the zebra isopods? it is a 10 gallon tank, so there is enough room.

SamanthaMarikian

Arachnoknight
Be careful with isopods since they might take advantage of a molting pede, thats why a lot of people say to not mix isopods and centipedes and tarantulas. But i had no problems with dwarf whites and my late centipede Arnold (rip. Arnold). Also zebra isopods like a lot of moisture and humidity to survive and thrive so you dont want the pede to end up with something like mycosis if you get something more semi tropical or temperate

Scorpio420

Arachnosquire
Be careful with isopods since they might take advantage of a molting pede, thats why a lot of people say to not mix isopods and centipedes and tarantulas. But i had no problems with dwarf whites and my late centipede Arnold (rip. Arnold). Also zebra isopods like a lot of moisture and humidity to survive and thrive so you dont want the pede to end up with something like mycosis if you get something more semi tropical or temperate
I watched a video that said they like it drier than most...
And yes i am looking for something more wet than dry.

SamanthaMarikian

Arachnoknight
I watched a video that said they like it drier than most...
And yes i am looking for something more wet than dry.
i meant the dwarf whites like more moisture and humidity lol. Sorry i mixed them up. The only thing With the zebras I’ve struggled with personally is keeping them warm enough because i dont want to have to switch them out of the tub to add a heat mat during cold spells. Hopefully it works out for you at least lol

Scorpio420

Arachnosquire
Heat is not going to be a problem, the tank is really warm inside because the sun shines on it. You mentioned the isos can take advantage of a molting pede. To be honest, I have no idea what molting is. Is it the reptile equivalent of shedding? What should I do when my pede is molting?