Beyonce spider

Curazai

Arachnopeon
Ok, newbie here. My B. smithi spiderling keeps lifting her back legs and wiggling her butt. She's perched on her plastic leaf facing uphill and is just kinda *wiggles*

What is this in tarantula behavior? Is she angry? Hungry? Annoyed? Does she need more hides to feel safe? Why is she wiggling her tushie at me?

Picture here: http://i.imgur.com/7UKEAPF.jpg

Oreo

Arachnocookie
I don't think you need to be concerned unless what you see appears to be involuntary uncoordinated movements.

Curazai

Arachnopeon
Nope, she seems to be in control of them. She stops and scuttles away to her hide like she normally does if I gently touch her with a paintbrush.

TownesVanZandt

Arachnoprince
She´s probably just spinning a web. They do that a lot, it´s nothing to worry about and don´t touch her with a paintbrush for no reason. Just let her do her thing and leave her at peace :)

Devin B

Arachnobaron
I have a b smithi about the same size but the only behavior ive seen from it is him being underground for two months now. At least he built his burrow next to the enclosure wall so i know hes not dead.

Curazai

Arachnopeon
Mystery solved. She took a giant, fat dump on her plastic plant. Apparently, she does a bathroom dance.

Paiige

Arachnobaron
Yeah it's either trying to figure out how to poop or threatening you with the hairs it has yet to grow :p

Curazai

Arachnopeon
XD Ill try and make her feel less threatened. She didnt use her legs though...just the wiggle XD I thought they were supposed to flick them off with their back legs? Silly little grapelet.